xx

thoughts are in italics! SAPPY WARNING! i loved making this book:)
some of this is loosely inspired by the book "rooftops" on wattpad

words: 2018
finished: july 27, 2021 - 3:21am
-

final day - 7:33am.

y/n's pov
the warmness slowly shuffling around me made me stir. my eyes feel heavy. droopy. i squeeze my eyes shut and rub them a bit with my fingers, hoping to wake me up more.

"good morning." i heard clay speak from behind me. he was rubbing small circles on my back.

to be honest, i don't think i'll ever get over his morning voice. it's a little raspy and you can tell he's a little tired. i smiled as i realized clay and i were cuddling—well kinda, i was curled up in a ball doing my own thing while clay was spooning me. but that smile quickly faded as i realized that this is the last morning i'd be able to wake up with clay for a long time. i shift my body around to face the source of the warm feeling that was pressing against my back.

"morning." i smile at clay and give him a hug. after a little bit, clay pulled away from the hug but i refused to let go.

"y/n... we have to get up and get you ready." clay tried to gently pry me off him but i only hugged him tighter. he sighed and eventually gave up, laying back down on the bed.

"we can stay like this for maybe," he glances at his phone. "5 more minutes. but after that we have to get up and get ready. your flight is at 11:45 and we need to be there somewhere around 9:00 so you can get through security and all that." i only mumble in response and close my eyes again to rest them.

a couple minutes pass. now, i was willing to get up. i knew that if i didn't get up now that i would regret it later for not being up and showered. clay and i both agree to take quick showers and to put on simple clothes. we wanted to spend the last of our time together as much as we could.

after we were both done getting ready, clay helped me pack up my things. it was kinda a struggle because not everything was neatly folded like it was when i first packed it but eventually we got it all in there. we headed downstairs to make ourselves some breakfast.

"do eggs and bacon sound good to you or do you want something else? i'll name whatever you'd like." he leaned on the counter with his arms propping his head up.

"eggs and bacon sound good. do you need help with anything?" i asked him.

"no, i think i'm okay. thank you though." he turned around and started getting the supplies out.

"pleaseee?" i went up to him and grabbed his arm. "i wanna help."

he chuckled, "okay, sure. do you wanna get the eggs and bacon out while i get the pan heated and the seasoning out?" i happily nodded and did as clay requested.

clay ended up cooking the eggs and bacon but i seasoned and cut the bacon up for him. it was pretty fun cooking with him, we should have done it more often. soon enough, the food was cooked and ready to be served. while i got the plates and silverware out, i remembered something.

"oh, i'll be right back, i just remembered something!" i called out as i ran back upstairs.

i looked through my carry-on bag and found what i was looking for. i sped back downstairs to see clay sitting down, patiently waiting for me. aww.