ix

clay's pov

i woke up to a cold feelings along my whole right side of my body. especially my chest and stomach. i sat up and had my elbow support me. y/n wasn't here. i looked around but still didn't see her. maybe she was in the bathroom.

i got up to go check if anyone was in the bathroom but the door was open and the lights were off. weird.

"y/n?"

no response. where did she go?

i walked downstairs and heard singing come from the kitchen, as well as the smell of waffles.

"y/n?" i asked again. still no response. her voice was beautiful..i've never heard her sing before, only hum. and the best part was that she was singing my song, road trip.

i walked to the kitchen but only peeked my head around the corner. i saw y/n wearing airpods and cooking waffles while doing a little dance, jamming out to my song with air pods in.

now that interstate is paved with memories
of a past life we lived at 18
and every winter, i think back to what we used to be
in that past life we lived at 18

it was cute that she was singing my song. and she sounded really good doing it. she had the perfect vocal range. i pulled out my phone video tapped her secretly so i could look back at it later and smile. i fully came into the kitchen now but y/n hadnt noticed yet, she just kept singing. but i sang with her this time so see if she would notice i was here, sitting on the counter top.

20 hours in an old ford
across the midwest, thinking, what for?
drove 20 hours, but it's hopeless
across the midwest, what a road trip

y/n looked a little confused but kept singing while making the waffles. when the song was over and we were both done singing it, she realized i was sitting on the counter top and screamed. she fell backwards onto the floor and slapped me.

"ow!" i said, holding my face. i know she didn't mean it though, i should have thought i would have scared her.

"SORRY." she said, still on the ground. i got off the counter top and reached my hand out for her to take. she took it and stood up. her face was red and i could tell she was embarrassed. i mean, my face was red too but not because i was blushing. she removed my hand from my face and carefully touched the red mark on my cheek. "are you okay? does it hurt when i touch it?" she was worried about me...cute.

"no it doesn't hurt when you touch it, it just burns a little whether you touch it or not." i admitted.

"i'm sorry, you startled me and it was a reflex." she said this as she walked to my fridge and grabbed an ice pack. she set the ice pack on the counter and unplugged the waffle maker, not wanting to burn the house down as she helped me. she came back over to me with the ice pack and brought me over to the couch. i sat down and she was about to sit down next to me but i out my hand there. she looked at me funny and then tried to sit on the other side of me but i put my other hand there too.

"what are you doing?" she asked.

i didn't say anything, i just grabbed her by her waist and sat her down on my lap. she laughed and playfully rolled her eyes. she gently put the ice pack on my face and held it there.

we stayed like this for about 5 minutes and then the ice pack was loosing its coolness. she took it off my face and put it on the coffee table.

"any better?"

"yeah, a bit. it doesn't burn anymore, just stings a little."she pecked me on my cheek where she had accidentally slapped me and we both smiled.

"soo what chu wanna do today?" she asked me.

"hmm...oh we should call george and tell him that we're dating now!" i suggested.

"oh yea that's a good idea! haha, i've been giving him little updates about our lOvE WaR and crap and he was like gO FoR iT." she laughed, talking in a british accent to mimic george. (not trying to mock british people, love your accents guys)

"you have?" she nodded at me. i just chuckled. "i have been too." i laughed.

"wow..so he really just sat there and watched us complain about each other." she was holding her stomach from laughing. i laugh and pull out my phone.

George😏

clay: GEORGE

clay: GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE

george: what?! what do you want!?

clay: guess whatt😶

george: what?🤦🏻

clay: Y/N AND I ARE DATINGGGG

george: WHAT

george: NO WAY

i start to type again but george facetimed me. i answer.

"hey george!!" i say.

"OMG HI. WHERES Y/N?" i could tell he was excited.

"She's right here." i point to show her, sitting on my lap.

"OMG YESSSSSS I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN HAHA!" y/n giggled.

"WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR JUST KISS!" he yelled. we laughed and i gave her a peck on the lips.

"AWWWWWWW YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE. SO WHO MADE THE FIRST MOVE, WHO ASKED WHO OUT?" he was still shouting, making you and y/n giggle.

"Clay did! he set up a cute little area on the roof and told me he liked me. we kissed and fell asleep up there-" i cut y/n off.

"CUDDLING." she looked at me funny. "we fell asleep CUDDLING. you forgot that part." i smile and laugh a little. she just laughed and rolled her eyes.

"yes we fell asleep CUDDLING on the roof and the next day we had a fun beach day. clay bought me a pretty ring i saw and then asked me to be his girlfriend." she smiled.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" george was STILL shouting.

"well she said yes obviously." i answered for her and we both laughed.

"OKAY OKAY. ILL TALK TO YOU GUYS LATER, I DONT WANT TO INTERRUPT YOUR TIME TOGETHER. ALSO REMEBER TO USE PROTECTION CLA-"

i hung up the phone quickly before he could finish that sentence. my face was bright red. y/n looked at me and giggled. man i'm so lucky to have her.

a/n

hey guys! tysm for 100+ views!! glad i see people enjoying the story:) sorry that this wasn't super eventful, i don't want to make every chapter super eventful because that's a lot for me and i want there to be some chill moments for clay and y/n. remember to vote and share if you liked it! :) have a good day/night💚🤍

finished april 23, 2021 - 11:20pm
(1094 words)