xvi

thought are in italics btw:) and i'm sorry for the not very good writing lately... i've been trying to keep it interesting but i'm running out of ideas. i will be ending the book in a couple more chapters though, just a heads up.

words: 843
finished: july 7, 2021 - 11:55pm

-

4 days left

clay's pov
y/n led me to the line for the ferris wheel, which was surprisingly short. i'll admit, i was a little anxious about doing this again but, having y/n with me will definitely make me feel better. last time i was so incredibly nervous,
y/n took notice and ended up holding my hand. i mean, i definitely wouldn't mind that happening again but my point is that now that we're dating, she can give me more affection if i'm scared and it won't be awkward.

my thoughts were interrupted by y/n pulling me into the cart. the man conducting the ride pulled the bar over us and then shut the cart door. i felt a lot safer than last time. y/n was already holding my hand, intertwining our fingers and our sides were pressed together while her head was resting on my shoulder.

next thing i knew, the cart was moving.

i began to feel that feeling in your stomach, yknow, like when you go down a drop for roller coasters? like that kinda. i remembered i really like the view when the cart stops at the top so i closed my eyes and squeezed y/n's hand until we reached the top.

"you doing alright?" y/n rubbed her thumb back and forth on my hand.

"mhm." i continued to close my eyes and felt the cool breeze against my eyelids. the smell of summer night filled the air and i smiled. this is relaxing, i thought.

we reached the top in no time and i opened my eyes. y/n was already looking out to the pretty view but i had the prettiest view in front of my already. (DONT COME AT ME FOR THIS IK ITS CHEESY OKAY) i take advantage of the moment and snap a picture of y/n looking at the pretty night sky. i'll edit that later. i smiled at the pretty picture.

"what are you smiling at?"

i shot my head up and put my phone away.

"nothing." i smiled. y/n gave me a weird look but she smiled and ended up giving me a kiss on the cheek.

y/n turned back to the starry sky, this time shifting her entire body to it so her stomach was against the side of the cart. i scooted up behind her and pressed my chest against her back, engulfing her in my arms. i rested my chin on her shoulder and she hugged my arms. we sat in silence for a minute or two until she broke the silence.

"i don't want to leave..." she spoke softly. very quite but loud enough for me to hear. i only nuzzled my head further into her shoulder while she laid her head back on my chest.

"i don't want you to either..."

the cart jolted a little, causing me to jump slightly. i moved back to my side of the cart and turned my head to look out of the opposite side of the cart that y/n was looking out of. i felt my expression sadden and i tightly shut my eyes.
don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

i felt y/n's hand tangle in my own. i gladly took it. we reached the ground once again in a matter of minutes and began to walk back to the car, still holding hands.

-

the car ride was a comfortable silence but we both could tell the other was sad about y/n's leave that was coming up. we came up to a red light, giving me the chance to look over at her. she was curled up, leaning against the car door while holding one the stuffed animal giraffe she won in the ring toss game.

i didn't know how long she has been like that and i figured she already fell asleep so i reached behind her seat and grabbed a blanket from the back seat to cover her up with. i smiled and began rubbing her leg over the soft, fuzzy blanket.

in the next half hour we reached home. i ended up carrying y/n, bridal style, inside the house to my bed and tucked her in. after i finished carrying all the stuffed animals we both won from the fun night of games into the house, i walked upstairs tiredly, eager to go to bed.

i crawled under the covers, careful not to wake y/n up. no matter how many times i rolled over or cuddled up to y/n, i couldn't get comfortable enough to fall asleep. i only had three days left with her. three days.

i didn't get much sleep that night.

maybe leave a vote? <3