vi

clay's pov

i'm nervous. my palms are sweating. but i planned it all out. it's night now and it's warm outside with a slight breeze. y/n and i haven't talked since my prank, i guess she was just embarrassed. meanwhile i was setting up something special, getting ready, and rehearing what i would say to her..

i look at my phone to check the time. 8:46pm. i walk upstairs to my room and knock on the door a couple times.

"come in." i heard y/n say.

i open the door and y/n was curled up in bed, on her phone.

"hey." i say. i go sit down on the bed next to her but she still looks at her phone. "listen..i'm sorry about the thing earlier. i took our dumb flirt war too far and i didn't mean to make you embarrassed or hurt your feelings if i did in any way." i felt bad.

she finally looked at me. "it's okay clay."

y/n's pov

i finally looked up at clay. i was embarrassed. woah..he looked..hot. he was wearing a plain white t-shirt and ripped light blue jeans. i don't know what it was but it just made him look hot..

clay's pov

"no it's not and i feel bad." i paused for a second. "come on." i held my hand out for her to take. she took it and i helped her out of bed. i led her to my gaming room across the hall and opened the window. i carefully climbed out of it and got onto the roof. y/n looked at me weird. "come on, it's safe." i held my hand out again she she took it. she climbed out the window and grabbed onto me. "i thought i was the one afraid of heights?" i joked. she just laughed. "there's that pretty smile." i couldn't help it, it just slipped out of my mouth.

"what?"

my face turned red. "come on." i led her to the top of my roof where there was a flat part. y/n gasped at what she saw.

a couple hours before i had set a couple fuzzy blankets down and put some fairy lights i bought around them. i had a basket of chocolate chip cookies on the blankets and her favorite flowers sprinkled onto the blanket and basket. i thought she would like something like this and i was right. she let go of my hand and carefully walked over to the area i had prepared for her and i.

"clay this is beautiful!" she smiled.

"i hoped you'd like it." i responded.

i sat down on the blankets and patted the empty spot next to me, motioning for her to come sit down. she did and gave me a hug. i hugged her back. she smelled like flowers and sweet coconut. i buried my head in her hair and her head was pressed against my chest. i laid down as we were hugging so then she was lying down on my chest and i was holding her in my arms. this was a dream. i rubbed her back in circles.

"clay?" y/n asked. her voice was slightly muffled because she was still buried in my chest.

"yeah?"

"why are you doing this? why did you set this all up for me?" she was looking up at me now.

i paused and then took a deep breath. "y/n...i did this for you because i need to tell you something. something very special and super important to me. something that has been on my mind for forever." i say up while i was talking and y/n got off me so she was sitting up too. "y/n..i really like you. a lot. and i now i've been kinda weird lately and i jus-" y/n cut me off..by kissing me.

the kiss was warm and gentle. she moved her hands to my face and i moved mine to her waist. after a couple seconds i pulled away for air. we were both blushing hard core. she laughed a little and i smiled a toothy smile.

"i've been waiting to do that since i first saw you." she said.

"have you?" i asked. she only nodded in response. i could tell she waited for me to say something but i just leaned in again till our noses were touching and i could feel her breath on my face. "can i?" i wanted her permission before i kissed her again. she nodded and i closed the gap between our lips. this time the kiss was more desperate but still gentle. i don't know how long we were making out for but we were tired after.

i laid back down on the blankets and she laid down next to me. we were facing up, looking at the pretty stars. we laid there in comfortable silence and in the corner of my eye i saw her turn her head to look at me. i turned my head as well and just smiled. she came closer and rested her head and arm on my chest. i kissed the top of her head.

the night was cool so i grabbed another blanket i had and laid it over us. i played with y/n's hair as she rested on me and soon enough, she fell asleep. i stopped playing with her hair and just wrapped my arms around her gently. i kissed her head once again and whispered.

"i love you y/n."

i rubbed her back softly in circles but then i felt her smile.

"i love you too clay."

a/n
i thought this was a cute chapter!! they finally confessed their feelings!! vote and share if you liked it! :))

(951 words)

finished april 17, 2021 - 1:19pm