xix

thoughts are in italics! this chapter was really fun to write and i had such a fun journey with this book:) one or two more chapters left, depending if you guys want a sad or happy ending so lemme know in the comments.

also, WE HIT 1K READS!! LETS GO!! over the past couple days this book has been getting by hundreds of reads and i'm so proud and happy:) ty guys!!

words: 5425
finished: july 24, 2021 - 11:49pm

-

one day left - 11:35am

clay's pov
i lightly rub y/n's shoulder.

"hey... it's time to get up. i have plans for us today." i lean down to kiss her cheek. "oh, and wear that one pair of ripped jeans you have, a white t-shirt, and your air forces. love you." i have her another peck on the cheek.

today is gonna be another fun-filled day for us. i planned it all out a couple days ago. first, i'm gonna drive her to a small restaurant for lunch and perform a song there for her, second, i'm taking her to the bakery we first went to where we got all those good deserts, third, we gonna go for a walk and i'll lead her to a hidden area by the beach, fourth, i'll take her shopping at the small stores around the bakery, fifth, i'll take her out again for dinner, and then sixth, i'm driving her to a prettiest party of orlando, when it's dark. i know, it's a big day today and it might be a little much but i know she'll love it.

-

"so what are we doing today?"

i shut her door and walk around to the other side of the car to hop in the drivers side.

"it's a surprise." i grin.

"of course it is." she laughed. she looked down at my outfit and ended up laughed even harder.

"what?" i laugh.

"why are we matching, again?" she continued to laugh.

"because we look cute when we match!" i followed her laugh, it's contagious.

"i bet there's gonna be people who think we're that one sappy couple who wear match their clothes every day or there's gonna be people who think we're siblings. it's one or the other." she said.

i burst out laughing.

y/n and i took turns playing music as i drove down the road. eventually, we arrived at the restaurant and i led her inside. we sat down at a table for two and began to order food right away. we didn't bother eating breakfast because we had both slept in from staying up late last night and it was close to lunch time anyway.

i kept looking at the time and began to grow more nervous. although, i just passed it off as being really hungry to y/n. will she even like my singing? no, she likes my voice, she told me. but what if that was a lie to make me feel better? my thoughts were interrupted by one of the employees walking onto the small stage and speaking into the microphone.

"hello folks! thank you all for choosing to eat here at Eli's Corner House but 12:20 is coming up on the clock which means it's time to leave for the hosting we're having in a bit. we open again at 1 o'clock so do come back if you'd like!"

"what? but our food hasn't even come." y/n pouts.

"it's okay, don't worry. i'm the one that's hosting for us." a smile crept up onto my face.

"what? you rented out the restaurant for almost an hour just for the two of us? how much did that cost?"

"y/n, it's okay, really! you'd be surprised how much money i make by playing minecraft." i chuckle.