x

a/n

hey guys!! real quick, this chapter is REALLY long, just a heads up. it's 5000+ words. i put a lot of effort into it and i hope you like it:) took me like 4 hours haha. please vote!! :)
——————————

y/n's pov

my phone buzzed.

Messages
one message from Gogy💙

Gogy💙

george: hey y/n!! got any special plans for tomorrow?!😏😏

aw i can't believe he remembered! tomorrow is my 21st birthday. it's sweet that he remembered but now that i'm older the magical feeling when you woke up as a kid, knowing it's your birthday and your a year older, that feeling has worn off. it's just like another regular day and i'd rather not bother clay about it, so i never told him. and we haven't talked about birthdays in forever so i doubt the would remember, which is good.

Gogy💙

y/n: aw, it's sweet that you remembered but no, i have no plans. i don't want to bother clay about it, it's nothing special really

george: what?? of course it's special!

george: y/n your turning 21! that's a big deal! you and clay need to do something together.

y/n: no really it's okay george! it's just going to be another regular day:)

george: so you aren't going to tell him it's your birthday? your not going to make any plans with him?

y/n: no, i don't want to bother him.

george: well, he'll remember anyways even if you don't tell him

y/n: i doubt it, we haven't talked about birthdays in forever

george: okayyy

george: i got to go, talk to you later?

y/n: ofc:)

george: okay bye:)

i put my phone away and get off the couch. it was 9:47pm and clay was out getting groceries so i was at the house alone. i was getting kinda tired so why not go to sleep? i walked upstairs to clay's room and changed into pjs. i climbed into bed and texted clay.

Clay💚

y/n: hey clay💞

y/n: i'm going to bed right now because i'm kinda tired so i'll be asleep by the time you come home, just wanted to let you know:) there's a spot next to me for when you do🤍

i put my phone away and fell asleep.

————————

my eyes fluttered open. i was really warm, cozy. it felt nice. i was super comfortable too. i was cuddling with clay, my arms wrapped around him and the rest of my body curled up to him. he had one arm around my waist and his other was holding his phone. i turned my head up to let him know i was awake. he smiled down at me.

"morning beautiful. happy birthday." he spoke softly and smiled. he put his phone down and gave me his full attention.

"wha- how did you know?" i didn't think he would remember. he buried his head into the crook of my neck.

"i could never forget your birthday y/n. i love you too much." i felt him smile and he hugged me tighter. i buried my head deeper into his chest as a response.

we stayed like this for a minute in comfortable silence until clay broke it.

"well, time to get up. we have a lot planned for today!" he was all cheerful and smily. he was getting out of bed but i didn't let go of him. instead i wrapped my legs around this lower back as he sat up and my arms were still around him. i clung onto him like a koala. he chuckled. "why are you so cute?" i giggled in response and he grabbed my thighs to support me so i wouldn't fall as he stood up.