xv

words: 1603
finished: july 5, 2021 - 12:54pm
-

4 days left

clay's pov
"hey y/n?"

y/n looked up at me, she was lying down on me.

"yeah?"

"do you wanna go to the fair again? i know we've kinda been running out of ideas for us to do but i know going to the fair was really fun for both of us and i think it would be even more fun now that we're together." i gave her a warm smile.

she returned the smile and gave me an eager nod.

-

i walked to the other side of the car and opened the door for her, grabbing her hand to help her.

"yknow you don't have to open the door for me every single time right?" she laughed.

"i know but i want to, plus it's night so i don't want you falling just in case." i gave her a kiss on the forehead. "and i'm such a gentleman." i smiled.

y/n playfully rolled her eyes as we continued to talk while walking into the fair. after buying tickets, we decided to go on the rides and play the games right away.

first, we went to the ring toss where y/n beat me by just a couple rings. she ended up getting a small, but cute, giraffe stuffed animal as her prize. i snapped a picture of her as she smiled to me, holding her giraffe for the camera to see.

"pretty." i said as i looked at the photo.

"handsome." y/n whispered in my ear before pulling me to go find more things to do, leaving me with a pink tint growing across my cheeks.

we played games with squirt guns, mini basketballs, and ping pong balls. y/n won the game with the squirt guns and i won the other two but i ended up getting prizes that she wanted because i thought it would be cute.

we went back to the car real quick to put away all the stuffed animals we had because we didn't want to carry them for the next couple things we were gonna do.

i gently grabbed y/n's hand as i lead her to the mirror maze. these were always a little frustrating but they were mostly fun if you had friends to do it with.

after the man hosting the game gave us plastic gloves to put on our hands — so we don't leave fingerprints on the mirrors — we entered the maze. there were dimmed light blue lights all throughout the maze and you could definitely not tell which way was which. y/n grabbed my hand and led me through the maze, carefully. we started to get the hang of it and i got a little too excited... i took the lead and started to fast walk through the mirrors but i ended up running into one, face first. ow.

"oh my gosh, clay!" y/n let go of my hand and turned me to face her. i was holding my nose in pain. it didn't hurt that bad but obviously, it still hurt. she was smiling a little at my accident because we both knew she told me to slow down. "oh clay." i chuckled a little in response but ended up wincing a little at the movement.

she moved my hand from my nose and looked at it. she immediately took a tissue out of her pocket and held it up to my nose careful not to hurt me. i looked at her confused.

"bloody nose." she told me.

i hummed in response as i took the tissue from her hand to hold it myself. we carefully guided our way out of the maze and threw away the plastic gloves we were given. y/n grabbed my hand once again and led me to the water bubblers. she grabbed another tissue from her pocket and let the cold water from the bubbler soak the tissue. once it was completely wet, she ringed it out carefully and motioned for me to move away the tissue i was holding onto my nose.