Chapter 7: Played

Maeve:

The week goes as quick as ever. On Tuesday rumours went on about an attack at a muggle family, who most believed to be the the Dark Lord's doing. The deaths of the family was publicised as "a mysteriously clean tragedy" by the muggles newspapers. I read those back home, both my parents are wizards but we lived in central London and ever since I was younger, muggle uses have been part of my life. I guess it's normal when living in a busy muggle city.

Dumbledore tightened security of the castle and he persisted on the importance of being safe, alert and united. Aurors are placed as night patrols at the castle's entrances.

Things are changing. There's always been something going on, ever since the first year something felt different. Now I am sure of it. Times when I could just forget about it are long gone. Now I am scared, always on edge.

Draco is clouding my thoughts more often recently. I got used to the idea that what happened was actually a stupid meaningless game. Now, after Monday, I don't know what to think.  Now it's Wednesday and I am packing my things after charm's class.

"So.." Starts Aria with the air of mischief on her face.

"What shall we do tomorrow night?" She asks smirking.

Switching eyes from me, to Blaise, and Isy.

"Let's just chill somewhere." Blaise answers cooly.

"Yeah, I mean there's not much we can do with aurors strutting around the casle." I hear Isy's unbothered voice mutter.

"I'm fine for anything really" I add casually placing the last books in my bag.

"Fineee" She wines. Everyone ignores her as we finish packing our things away.

Walking between Aria and Isy, I leave class and we head towards the common room to relax by the fire before dinner.

"Hey umh.. do you mind if I go with Isy? She wants to go see Slughorn about our essay for tomorrow" Aria asks in a whisper.

"Yes, of course" I smirk.

I turn my head as the two of them change direction towards Potions class. I keep walking ahead, students are disappearing in their common rooms' corridors and don't linger around. I am walking alone now.

"Maeve"

I flinch at the sound of my name being whispered. I freeze and turn around. Nothing. I keep walking.

I take a few more steps.

"Maeve!"

This time the voice is firmer and I distinguish the sound as one I did not expect to hear right now. Draco. I turn and see him standing by an old door hidden in the shadow. This corridor doesn't  hold any classes, it's all old offices and classrooms now used as a forgotten storage rooms.

I get closer keeping a straight face. I stop when I reach close enough to be able to hear each other whispers. I look at him. He moves his head asking me to follow him, a daring look on his face. He takes one look around and walks inside the classroom. I follow.

The room is obviously old. A layer of dust caresses every item in here. Tables and chairs are scattered around giving a feeling of discarded. I immediately feel pulled by my wrist to a corner. Two lips press onto mine.

Draco kisses me forcefully, he grabs my face with both hands. He's kissing me fast and needing. I can hear his breathing quicken and with one more strong grab at my hair I get off of him. He's looking a little taken aback.

"Draco.." I breathe, half chuckling.

I like what he's doing to me, but he seems angry. Desperate.

"Stay still" he orders.

He grabs my waist, this time gentler. I am lost in him. This time I am sure it's not just a dare anymore. He grabs my neck kissing me with force, I can feel his tongue as he sucks at my skin. I wince. He starts unbuttoning my shirt effortlessly. My eyes are shut, I am nervous at him seeing me.

His lips leave my skin and as I open my eyes to look at him. He's staring at my neck, admiring the hickey he just gave me.

"It's not the first one you give me" I smirk.

His eyes shift slowly to mine.

"Oh I know" he responds smugly.

His hands still on my shirt continue to unbutton me. Draco's eyes following his own hands, glancing at my skin underneath. My shirt is now completely open as he divides the two edges of it.

His eyes can't be slower as he takes in every inch of my almost bare chest. He takes a deep breath as he aggressively pushes the shirt off of me completely and is now held up by the sleeves resting on my wrists. With a hasty movement grabs my thighs and picks me up to place me on a table in the hidden corner where we are standing.

"Draco" I moan as he sits me down, not removing his lips from my collar.

His cold hands working on my skin, all the way down to my breast. He stops at the fabric of my bra and without hesitation, moves it to the side, exposing my nipple. He looks up at me at the sight.

My head falls back as I inhale, leaning back, holding myself up by one hand, the other on Draco's neck, as I feel his tongue on such a private part of me.

His lips join his tongue and start lightly sucking. I hold my breath, my head slightly thrown back.

"You love it" He says menacingly looking back up at me.

I feel his hands now frantically following is lips, touching and grabbing every inch of my stomach.

My heart jolts as I hear a noise in the distance. Draco stops, and impassively looks towards the door. Not a spot of fear in his eyes. If we are caught here, like this, we would be seriously fucked.

The noise vanishes and Draco comes back up to speak.

"You know, maybe this is not the safest of places" He chuckles.

I try to cover myself by getting closer to him, leaning my head on his shoulder. He takes me by the shoulders gently and pulls me away from him. He gives me a serious look which follows down to my bare chest. Before he can look back up he places his hand behind my neck and pulls me closer, his lips landing softly on mine one last time. He gets away from me and picks up my clothes.

"Get dressed"