Chapter 69: Caeles Aeternum

Maeve:

He raises his hand to take mine.

I take it with some hesitancy, he smiles at me and one moment later my insides are being squashed in a vacuum, our hands gripping each others.

We land on a forest. It's a large path. The tallest trees extending all around us.

A mansion on a clearing, a tall sone wall covered in weeds, hiding the view of what is beyond. A gate allowing the sight of just a portion of the manor behind it. Trees extend beyond the stone wall, covering more of it. We get closer, him holding my hand, walking slowly. He's not looking over his shoulder as he's so accustomed to. He walks up to the iron gate.

"What is this place?" I look around, then up to the trees edges, almost fully covering the sky.

"It's the Beechwoods Reserve. Just outside Cambridge."

He extends his arm, finding mine pulling me closer. I grab onto the railing, staring beyond the gate. His hand rests over mine, holding on, too.

I stare at the mansion, my mouth slightly parted.

"It's not far from London, you know..." I can feel him get closer to me.

Close enough to kiss the back of my neck.

"We could stay here, together. If... if you want to"

My legs feel lighter. The idea of being here, in this place alone. With him. Just me and him. It just feels too good to be possible.

He leans his body on mine, arms wrapped around me. He kisses my neck slowly, hands now laying flat over my belly.

He turns me around, holding my hands. Eyes piercing into mine. He lowers to my lips, kissing me once. He cups my cheek.

"Do you want to go inside?" His voice breaks the silence and take me a little by surprise.

"Can we?" I mumble.

"Come on" His lips curl to the side in amusement.

The gate opens automatically as his gaze shifts to it. I inhale, take a step forward, beyond the stone walls. The manor develops symmetrically, forming a main middle section and two identical parts at each end. It has been tainted by the passing of time. Large windows covering the entire front. Weeds and wild flowers grew freely during its vacancy. A gravel path leads up to a two-sided stone staircase. This too, covered in wild green leaves. The main door is broad and made of a dark wood. A terrace is right above it, accessible by a glass door.

It's not as big as Malfoy manor, but it's still way bigger than any mansion I have ever seen. It's much more welcoming too, missing the dark and cold aura of the manor. The park seems to extend for miles beyond it. I am completely immersed by it's grandeur.