Chapter 14: Delicacy

Draco:

Draco:

I am staring at the top of the four poster bed, Maeve wrapped around me, her hair a hundred shades of gold, laid perfectly on the pillow, forming soft curves on her neck. She fell asleep in my arms. I let my fingertip brush against her cheek, bending to kiss her forehead. She lets out a soft sigh in her sleep. She looks troubled. Her eyebrows furrowed, her eyes tightly shut. She is so delicate. I think back to what happened a couple of hours ago. Images of her pale skin flash in my mind. Her bare body, mine. Her sweet moans echo in my mind.

It is getting hard to stay away from her.

I lay in bed but I can't sleep. I don't want to. I just watch her.

I turn as she moves suddenly letting out low scared moans. I sit up and see heavy tears starting on her flushed cheeks. Her eyes still close as more tears flood her face

Her body shivering slightly.

"Maeve!" I call, and hesitantly grab her arm.

Her eyes shoot open. She sits up quickly. She's shaking now. Tears marking her cheeks, she looks around. I take my hand gently to her cheek letting her look at me.

"Hey, You are okay. Look at me" I mumble.

She closes and opens her eyes, finally realising where she is.

"I'm so sorry. Did I wake you?" She asks panting. Terror on her face.

"Wh-what? Maeve are you okay?" I ask taken aback.

How is she worried about me?

"Yes" She mutters. "I was—dreaming" she continues.

I fail a smile trying to make her feel okay. She looks embarrassed at her state. My heart wrenches.

"Why are you crying?" I ask, as softly as I can.

"I don't know. I'm sorry" She breathes, wiping her tears with a weak smile.

"Stop apologising." I raise her head from her chin, looking for her eyes.

I let her go and stand to grab her clothes. I see the bundle on the floor, but she needs something comfortable. I go over to my dresser and get some grey sweatpants, a jumper and socks. I go back to her, now crumbled shaking as she places her head on her bent knees in front of her.

"Here" I stit back down.

I reach for the blanket and look at her with an encouraging look, and slowly take it off of her, my eyes rested on hers. I take the jumper and pull it over her head, my eyes not moving. With a most tender movement she pulls her hair out of the neck of the jumper. I hand her the pants and stand to dress myself up too.

"Draco" She calls wearily.

"Yes?" I get back closer.

"Thank you" She says, looking down at her hands, her legs crossed on the bed.