Chapter 10: The lake

Maeve:

Maeve:

We move to the guys dorm. Draco enters the room and places himself on an armchair a few feet away from the spot where we all just sat, I notice a flask coming out the pocket of his black blazer as he sits. Blaise and Nott share the dorm with Crabbe and Goyle, but as they are sneaking out themselves the room is to ourselves. Aria brought a bottle of firewisky and offered it to everyone. Draco looks over when Aria calls his name to fill his cup. He shakes his head raising his own flask to let her know he has brought his own drink.

I look at him as he takes a sip, his Adam's apple moving under his loose collar. His eyes fall on mine. He smirks and shakes his head and turns his gaze to look over at the others. We have been in the dorm for over an hour when Blaise speaks:

"I dare all of you, me included, to go to the lake tonight and jump in".

Jeers come from all of us, I laugh as I imagine the chill of the lake at this time at night. It's 2 am already. Draco just scoffs and takes another sip of his drink.

"That's hilarious" Draco's voice is cool.

"Scared?" Blaise challenges mischievously.

"Fine, let's do it".

Silent spreads. I look up in surprise as I see Draco taking an other sip from his flash, now standing up.

"I'm down for it" he finishes.

"Whatever." Aria speaks after a few moments.

With a slight smug look on her face

"I guess I am down too" Isy adds.

Blaise looks at me expectantly. I don't like dares. Not now, and not if the dare involved breaking rules imposed for our safety. I look at Aria and Isy, back at Blaise and say

"Guys, it's freezing outside and to be honest I don't think it's a good idea... given everything".

Nott looks at Blaise and says

"If Maeve goes I'll go".

Well no pressure at all. Thanks Nott. I look back at Blaise and after a long moment of hesitation, I roll my eyes and nod half exasperated.

Draco:

I look down at her as she throws her head back and closes her eyes smiling and biting her lips cheekily at the idea of doing what she would consider such a 'dangerous' thing. She opens her eyes shaking her head, trying to let all her hair fall back, blonde soft strands of hair slowly mark her shoulders as they slowly fall back, softly as butter.

I realise I am staring with my lips slightly parted and straighten myself to take an other sip.

Tonight is going to be interesting. The thought of having Maeve outside the castle in the dark forest, possibly alone if I could find a way, makes me feel warm.