Chapter 42: After party

Maeve:

Maeve:

Nott appears in my frame of vision out of nowhere. I see him walking towards me, the same cocky smile on his face. He tries a scenic spin on himself and sits on the chair next to mine.

"Not liking the party?"

"Not really" I scoff unbothered

"We could go somewhere else.." he attempts.

There we go again.

"Nott-" I start exasperated.

"I meant us, all of us. It's still early. I'm sure Blaise and the girls are drinking together."

"Mm I think I'm fine.  I haven't been too well yesterday."

"I know" He responds way too quickly.

"Aria told you guys?" 

"Actually no. I noticed you were sick when you walked in the common room with her..."

He mutters in the end.

"I think I'm go now actually.. still feeling a big weary." I lie.

I feel healthy, my body is stable. But I still want to get away. Now.

I stand.

"I'll take you" he states boldly.

"No I'm fine" I respond calmly.

But he grabs my arm tightly.

I jump

"For god sake Nott leave me alone" I spit.

A few heads turn. He lets me go.

I clear my throat.

"Sorry Nott, I just need to be alone"

"Sorry... Just let me know if you need anything okay? Whenever."

I nod and turn away, pretty glad to be alone.

I take one more round inside the room, before reaching the door and walking out.

A cold blow of air meets my face as I open the door. The voices and music suddenly get muffled as the it clicks close, trapping all inside.

I hold my arms to keep warm, walking fast, back to the dorms. I look down, keeping my neck and chest together. It's icy down the dungeons corridors.

A shadow, followed by its owner, appears out of nowhere a couple of meters away. The light from the lanterns long gone. I freeze. I am unable to move for a moment. I then become extremely aware of the settings we are in. I turn to look behind me and then back in front of me.

"What are you doing?" I hiss.

"Follow me"

He mumbles, crawling back into the darkness of the columns. I walk closer, searching him in the darkness, narrowing my eyes. I stand in the spot where he just was.