Bonus Chapter: Cupiditatem

Author's note:

PLEASE READ!

This is an extra spicy chapter which has absolutely no link with the plot of the original story. It is a chapter I think many of you will appreciate, but if you don't that's okay. I wrote it as I felt like doing so! ❤️(This is set in Nott's safe house, sometime during the Christmas break in a circumstance where Draco has ended things with Maeve for her safety.)

Hope you enjoy it!

Love,

C.B

Maeve:

The crushing waves below never quit their song. The sun gave way to the moon a long time ago, I have been wide awake in bed for over an hour, trying to get some sleep. It won't come.

I am cold, the wind is stronger than usual and drafts of air are making their way to my skin. I stand, reaching the chest of drawers near the mirror. I drop to my knees and pull the lowest one of three. I am ramaging in it in hope to find an other blanket. My clothes and some towels are the only things across all three.

I sigh, stand and turn to the mirror.

I have lost weight, and my eyes are reddened. I have been crying. A burst of wind pushes the window open, knocking over a small candle plate, which crushes as it hits the wooden floor. I rush to it and close it, the sharp cold air on my skin leaves goosebumps.

I walk to the bedroom door, open it decisively. I'll get one of the blankets from the sofa.

I turn my body to close the door behind me but as I turn back towards the corridor I let out a gasp. A figure standing still in the middle of the corridor, in complete darkness. I make out Nott's appearance as my eyes get used to the shift in brightness.

"Hey, sorry! I heard a noise, I just-" He mutters.

"It's okay. I just got scared." I breathe as I bring a hand to my chest.

We stand still, looking at each other for an extensive awkward moment.

"I- umh, just wanted to get an other blanket from downstairs." I break the silence

"Oh yes of course, I'll get you one from my room. The ones on the sofa are not as warm" He smiles weakly.

I follow him up to the edge of the door, where I stop, standing still, holding my hands.

My body feels weird, an unconscious anxiety fills me. I feel my hands getting sweaty, my stomach itching. I step inside.

I have only ever seen two rooms in this place and this is different from them. It's not larger than the one I am in, but it much bigger furniture. There are more windows and two doors are placed on opposite sides of the room.

This must be his bedroom, the one that has always been his. The one he would sleep in since he was a child.

I breathe in as I watch him buried deep into the largest of the closets. He's mumbling to himself, but when he turns he's silent, taken aback by my presence inside the privacy of his room.

He smiles, fluttering his eyes to regain reason and lifts the hand holding the blanket. I take a step forward and take it from him.

"Thanks" My eyes lower to my shoes.

"Do you need anything else?" He asks kindly.

I lift my gaze. "No.. thank you. I'm okay"

"If you need anything, I am here" His hand moves my arm.