Chapter 18: End of something

Maeve:

It has been 5 days since me and Draco spoke in the common room. He's been avoiding me ever since then. I spent all my nights in the library or the dorms. Next Sunday we have an Hogsmead visit and if I want to go I have to manage my workload throughout the week, not leaving it until last minute.

This Friday night is no exception. Honestly speaking, everyone is studying tonight. NEWTS classes have the entire school hooked on books.

Aria is in the library with Isy and therefore I have dorms to myself.

By 9 pm my eyes start to sting. I have been reading and writing since after lunch. I close my books and walk out of the dorms and get to the sofas next to the fire. It's a good feeling to be wrapped in blankets, with the heat of the fire taking me in. I close my eyes.

I hear the door of the common room open and my eyes shoot open. I was almost asleep.

I look to my left and see Draco walk in. He's alone and looking around, scanning the place.

I stand upright.

"Draco!" I call. No one is around. He turns.

"You need to stop this" I say a little quieter as I approach him. He doesn't move. Not a single step towards me.

"Can you please talk to me?" I prompt him.

"Maeve, I'm sorry I have to catch up with work"

"Draco what the hell?" I spit.

"Maeve-" He starts with an exasperated look.

"No. I'm not doing this again." I interrupt him.

"What is it? You finally got what you aimed for and now you are done with me?" My hands clenching my arms as they cross.

He keeps his mouth sealed. He takes a look around and in a fraction of a second he grabs me and pulls me to follow him. I stumble forward. Up the stairs, and in his room. He never meets my eyes. He takes out his wand.

"Muffilato" I hear him mutter, with a choked whisper.

"Draco?" I call, frightened.

He turns and looks at me. With one step he reaches his hands to my face, cupping it together. His elbows bent as he kisses me. I am furious. I let him kiss me for a moment, but it has to stop.

I push him away.

"Draco no!" I command harshly.

We stare at each other for some time. Silence drumming in my ears.

He closes his eyes.

"Maeve" he chokes.

He looks back up.

"I—" He mumbles.

He takes a deep breath

"I wasn't aiming for anything" he continues.

I scoff and turn around, giving him my back. My eyes fall to the window and see an opened glass jar with a bunch of wild musk in it.

"Maeve please. I didn't plan for that to happen, I am sorry." He moans.

"Oh yeah" I laugh

"You are sorry you slept with me" I continue an evil look on my face.

"No! That's not what I mean" His tone is weak. I turn to look at him

"I thought you wanted it too". I did.

"I did, but why do you keep ignoring me every single time you do something to me" I bellow.