Chapter 9: Healed

Maeve:

I get dismissed from the hospital wing just before lunch break the next day.

I head for the great hall after having changed in the dorms, with Aria by my side.

"Aria I am fine" I chuckle as she tries to sustain me as I walked.

As I sit I look around and see Draco. He looks as smug as ever and moves his eyes as he catches mine. Nott arrives at the table and sits in front of me, next to Aria.

"Maeve, I heard what happened. Are you okay?" He asks worriedly, his breathing heavy.

"Who did you hear it from?" I ask annoyed.

"Well..umh" He stutters nervously.

"Some students heard McGonnagle come in the common room and saw you being brought out held by her and Aria."

"Great." I reply sarcastically.

"You were sick, there's nothing to embarrassed about". Aria speaks.

"Maeve?" Nott starts as he lands his hand over mine, caressing it with his thumb.

I jolt and and instinctively look over at Draco, who is turning his eyes away from me, a look of angry disgust on his face.

I pull my hand away, but Nott sees me looking over at Draco and whispers

"If it's him I'll make him stop". He looks at me determined.

"Nott I'm fine. Thank you, but I'm okay" I say quickly.

I see Draco with the corner of my eyes. He is walking towards Nott and as he gets behind him he stops and interrupts our conversation

"Are you coming?".

Nott looks up

"Yeah sure." He responds and leaves the table his eyes fixed on me.

I look up at the clock.

"Aria, it's 5 minutes to class. Let's go."

Draco:

We get to the last lesson of the week, double potions. I like potions. Slughorn does seem like a good professor after all, but Snape was just better at it.

I sit at the table with Goyle and Nott. I take my books out of my bag, and stare around. She's is not here yet, Aria and Isy are sitting down.

"Good afternoon class!"

Slughorns voice old and used. He nods lazily as the class greets him back.

"Today, being the last lesson on Amortentia, you will be brewing your own potion. Please remain in your seats as this will not be a group assignment." He says finding his way to his seat.

He opens his brown leather bag and places his ingredients cabinet on the large wooden desk. The carry-on cabinet is ragged and old, the edges are discoloured.

I look back to see her entering the class quietly,  putting her bag down. She looks flushed, as if she ran here. She bends slightly forward, towards the bag on the floor taking out her books. Her head is up to Slughorn, listening to him. Her lips were parted, panting softly now.

"Right. Please collect your ingredients and start!"

I turn back to face the table. Nott is looking at me.

"What?" I mouth, a cold look on my face.

He looks at me for an other second and stands up with no backward glance, to collect the ingredients from the shelves at the back of the room.