Chapter 58: Bruises

Draco:

I let some space between us, picking up our clothes from the floor and dressing up. As I come come back closer, my eyes fall on her body. My heart stops.

Her waist and neck covered in small bruises where I held her. Her skin reddened allover.

"Shit Maeve"

"What?" She asks worriedly, looking down her body.

"I'm sorry" My voice full of fear.

But her face relaxes at the sight.

"It's fine" She smiles back at me.

"No, it's not fine. I—"

"Draco, I'm fine." She insists, a smile still planted on her face.

I close my eyes, shaking my head slightly. The thought of hurting her makes me sick, but her complete carelessness about it angers me. It's not fine.

"Hey" She calls, now concerned. Her hand reaching my cheek.

I take it and bring it to my lips.

"I didn't mean to hurt you"

"You didn't"

"You should see your neck" I scoff, handing her clothes.

I walk away from her, not standing the sight. The scars on her body sickening enough. The bruises I left, showing just how much I have hurt her.

I hear her dress quickly and rushing to me.

"Draco" I turn at her call.

"There's something I should have told you. "

She inhales deeply and closes her eyes.

"Maeve?"

"You—" She sighs.

"I have never done with anyone else."

I feel my blood dropping to my feet. Silence falls. My thoughts running in circle. I think back to the first time. I force myself to remember. My breathing quickening in fear. But the thought of her being mine, fully and always makes me feel whole. The thought of how angelic she is, and always been, making me love her even more.

"I'm sorry, I should have told you before but—"

Panic in her voice, unaware of how perfect she is, in everything, always.

I get closer.

"Maeve, why are you apologising?"

I chuckle incredulous at her apology.

Her expression changes from fear to confusion.

"That makes me happy".

I take a step closer and kiss her softly. Tracing my hands on her back, not daring to hold her.

But fear quickly follows. If we are caught here, we would be in serious danger and I can't afford any more pain inflicted on her because of me.

"We have to go" I breathe, kissing her cheek.

She nods as I take a step back.

"I'll take a longer way, you go straight back to the common room." I tell her, as she fixes her hair out of her high neck jumper.

I take one more look at her, I kiss her forehead and let her leave.

I wait a few minutes before stepping out too.

-

Maeve:

I race down the staircases, passing floor after floor. The castle surreally quiet. My beating quickly from everything that just happened. My mouth stuck in a smile, thinking back to how different this was, how much there is still to discover. And as much as I grew to learn his body, and all his soft spots, I realise there is still so much more. I break into a run, elated by the thought us together, meeting in secret making everything so forbidding.