♟thirteen♟

her ig is @bidohead

her ig is @bidohead

__________________

I got more and more excited as the floor digits got closer to one. Before I knew it I heard a ding signaling that I'd reached the first floor. A big smile stretched across my face as the doors began to open. But the joy on my face was suddenly drained as I looked at what the elevator doors opened to. A frowning Ezra stared down at me.

I quickly reached for a button that would take me back up to a random floor, and spammed it.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." I whispered, clearly frustrated that the doors were taking so long to close. Finally, the doors started closing, and just as I was about to feel relieved, a large hand stopped the door. You know who's hand that was, ahaha, you guessed it. Ezra. Hooray!

The doors started opening again and Ezra slowly walked in as I backed up. Once he was fully in the elevator, he turned back around, pressed the number forty. The fortieth story was the highest floor. The suite we were staying at was on the twenty-fifth floor.

Well I'm screwed.

Once the doors closed, he turned back around to face me. Let me tell you, he did not look happy at all.

"Hey...what a coincidence to see that you were taking the elevator too. In fact, I was going down to uh...use the bathroom. I accidentally locked myself out of the room and no one was there to help me and I really needed to pee so I was going to go to the bathroom and possibly do some exploring while I was there, you know? Might as well get to explore the place since we won't be here for long-"

"Shut the hell up," he demanded and I immediately closed my mouth. "Why the fuck were you trying to leave? Was the room not enough for you? Do you want a bigger room or something?" Clearly he was being sarcastic and of course my hypocritical ass didn't like that.

"Did you forget that I was kidnapped by you? Why else would I not try to leave? I don't know who else you've kidnapped, but I am surely not gonna sit my ass down and accept that I don't even own myself anymore-"

"Dammit Adriana!" he shouted while banging his fist on the wall behind me. I jumped in response and immediately became silent. He noticed the fear in my eyes and backed off. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm tired, okay? I just want to go back to the room and sleep. Tomorrow will quite literally be an eventful day, so please, please just for this one night let me relax. That is all I'm asking for. No. More. Trouble." I quietly nodded as we reached the fortieth floor. Ezra pushed the button that said twenty-five and the elevator made its way back down.

The rest of the night we didn't utter a word to each other. He was in his own space as I was in mine. I took the bed that was next to the aquarium since I loved the sound of the water sloshing around. I attentively watched as the fish swam while I was curled in the white comforters. Luckily I had my scarf and bonnet otherwise the white pillowcases would be stained with my hair oils. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.