♟fifteen♟

her ig @christinanadin

_________________

♚ Ezra's POV ♚

Regret.

The only thing I felt as I made my way down the hall, to the elevator. I regret answering Lily's call. I regret agreeing to make a deal with her, even though she presented a great offer. I regret not fully analyzing the deal before making final decisions. I regret what happened between Adriana and I. I regret even lashing out at her due to my own frustration.

Even though I kidnapped her, I don't want her to be involved in my mess of life any more than she already is. I should've killed her like Marcello said to after taking the necklace. If I didn't hesitate, I wouldn't be stuck in this situation.

Why the hell did you hesitate? You never hesitate.

No matter what, I can't bring myself to. That night I attempted to kill her, the loss of hope in her eyes. The look she gave me as if she was ready to lose it all is what made me hesitate. That look seemed so familiar. Too familiar. That night made me regret the most.

Another reason why I regret what happened tonight. If the distance between me and Adriana closes, Marcello will make sure to get rid of her.

God, why can't I get a break?

"Boss, you alright?" My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by one of my guards. Specifically, the one that interrupted the fun I was having earlier. We were standing in the elevator waiting to get to the main floor.

I ruffled my hair and asked, "How long have you been working for me?"

He hesitated before answering, "For over a year, sir."

"Great!" I smiled and he let out a sigh of relief. "You're fired," I said, and just in time, the elevator dinged as the doors opened to the main floor. I walked out not even turning around to see the guard's reaction. But a small smirk fell on my face.

"P- Please I have a family! I- I have a wife a- and two kids!" he begged. 

This man is lying through his teeth. 

We do thorough background checks on everyone who joins the mafia. I particularly prefer to hire those who either don't have a family or don't have relationships with them.

"Don't do this please, sir!"

Also when you join the mafia, you sign a contract. A contract which states that if you are "fired", we erase your existence. But of course, I wouldn't just fire the man for simply interrupting my fun. I was planning on firing him tonight anyway. I got a call earlier today that there was an incident at the main warehouse that one of the guards was stealing some of the product from our recent shipment. And that guard just so happened to be him, the one that came knocking on the door. 

I've already investigated to see if the guard had any other ties to another mafia or gang, but no. He was just foolishly greedy.

Soon, I found myself in a private room, sitting across from Lily. She had that same over-polite, cheesy smile she had on each time we meet. It's fucking creepy.

"Angelo! How are you?" she began.

"Don't call me that," I said bluntly.

"Oh come on, we used to call each other by our middle names. We were so young...and so close!" She smiled dreamingly as she stared off into the distance. I cringed.

"I never called you by your middle name, in fact, I recall all the times I told you not to call me by my middle name ever since we were 'young'. Now stop calling me Angelo, and let's get straight to the point." You could hear the irritation in my voice as I said the last part. Her smile slightly faltered and she cleared her throat.

"First off, I would like to apologize on behalf of my mother's reckless behavior tonight. And although this isn't an excuse for her actions, she was trying to look out for me after I was told you had a...date." She gritted her teeth as she said the word 'date'. "But it's okay, now that I'm here, you can get rid of her-"

"Ms. Kingsley, my personal life should not concern you. We are here to talk about business and business only. So like I said before, let's get straight to the point." She nervously bit her nails.

"Don't call Ms. Kingsley, it makes me feel old." A small giggle escaped her lips, but she quickly stopped once she noticed I didn't take part in her joke. She cleared her throat and began discussing everything she had to offer on her end of the deal including high-demand drugs, and high-grade weapons and equipment. I was attentive to every word she said and joy came over me as I realized how much profit I could earn from everything she listed. But I soon realized her offer was too good to be true.

"What's my end of the deal?" I asked. She nervously twiddled her finger and avoided eye contact with me. My suspicion only grew and my patience was running low. "Lily, what the hell is my end of the deal?" My anger was starting to come to play.

Slowly, she made eye contact with me again and said, "I- I want 15% of the mafia's shares."

"What?!" I hastily stood up as my anger rose tremendously. "I'm leaving," I said making my way towards the door.

"W- Wait!" She rushed after me. "It'll be a ten-year supply of these products, you can't let this deal go to wast-" I swiftly turned around making her bump into my chest.

"And I'd be a damn fool to even think about that offer! Don't ever come to me with this bullshit again!" I shouted. She shrunk back and backed away from me. Tears started to well up in her eyes. I scoffed. Just like Marcello, manipulative.

"Let's go," I ordered the guards waiting at the door. 

________________

Ik this chapter was short, but I wanted y'all to get some of Ezra's point of view and also introduce a new character  😗

Also idk why there are random indents, but hopefully that'll be fixed in the next chapter

Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment and vote :)