♟eighteen♟ (EDITED)

A/n:

if this is your first time reading this chapter, ignore the message below.

if you read the old chapter 18, i highly suggest you read this edited version. i've made some major changes to this chapter but that doesn't mean you have to start from the beginning. keep scrolling and it will say "edited section" in bold and you can just read from there.

ignore any typos.

ok enjoy :)
__________________

Adriana's POV

*one week later*

It was one in the morning and I was watching the movie The Conjuring in my room. Why did I decide to watch this movie at night? Who knows. But did I still watch it? Yes.

Scary movies make me laugh for some reason, but something about this movie was very unsettling.

When I was almost halfway through the movie, my stomach made a loud echoing growl. To be honest it scared the shit out of me, but let's not get into that. The loud disruption from my stomach made me realize how hungry I actually was. Earlier in the movie, I ran out of snacks but I refused to get more from the kitchen. This time I had no choice but to go get more snacks because me without food is menacing.

I groaned and threw the blanket off of me. The door creaked as I opened it and I peered into the dark hall just to make sure no one was there. Not only was I scared that Satan would come and grab me, but I was also wearing black silk shorts that rose up to my butt and a cropped tank top. And of course I wasn't wearing a bra either because who wears bras to bed? The most comfortable way for me to sleep was naked, but of course I couldn't do that here. So my only other option was to wear what I was wearing at the moment.

I successfully made my way down the stairs into the kitchen. Luckily, no one was in the kitchen or the living room when I got there. I wasted no time in trying to find more snacks to take back up to my room. My mission of grabbing the snacks from the kitchen was complete until I started craving a Nutella sandwich.

"Dammit!" I loudly whispered as I realized that my body refused to ignore my cravings. "Okay, one sandwich, then we run," I planned out. I rummaged through the fridge to look for the bread only to realize that this wasn't my house, so I ran to the pantry to find the bread and Nutella. Now, the pantry was big as hell, so I had to look for the bread as if I were in a store aisle.

Of course I did all of this in the dark using only the dim floor lights to look for everything I wanted. Some may think it was dumb but I think it's the smartest way to not attract attention. And I refuse to use a flashlight because everyone would know where you are.

Once I finally found the bread and Nutella, I made my way out of the pantry, to the counter. I stopped in my tracks when I saw a black silhouette across the kitchen. My body froze as I stared at the figure.

If it's a demon, throw everything at it and run.

The figure started moving towards me and I screamed while doing exactly what I planned in my head. I threw the bread and the Nutella at the figure while trying to run back up the stairs. I heard the figure groan when it got hit by what I threw at it but I didn't care. It started chasing after me while saying my name and let me tell you I almost shat myself.

Since the kitchen was so big it would take me some extra time to get to the stairs. But the demon was even faster than me, so my second instinct was to grab the object closest to me. That object just so happened to be a butcher knife.