Ch: 0 First Encounter

Pete

It would have been a lot easier if I didn't like guys. My life wouldn't be as bad if I would've liked girls.

This thought has been going around in my head for the past few hours.

Why? Why me? Why did I have to like boys?

Why?

I let out a sigh as I aimlessly walked around college campus. Several busses have passed by, all offering me a ride, but I've kindly declined their services.

I like to walk because it makes me think, but more importantly it takes me time to get to the parking lot. Meaning it takes time to get to my car and arrive late at home and I don't have to feel guilty looking at my mom.

She would be so disappointed if she found out that her only son is gay.

Ahhhhhh

Suddenly a car passes by

Someone grabs my arm

"- Hey, Idiot! This is a campus street not a race track! Are you trying to drive straight to hell!?"

I was completely at a loss. I didn't know what to think after being pushed down with such force from behind. I still couldn't wrap my brain over what had just happened. The only thing that I could see was a boy with his back towards me. He was shouting at the crazy fast driver.

I was almost hit by a car.

What happened? I was crossing the street?

Those are the questions that came to mind while my heart was beating hard from the terrible incident. My eyes were wide open but I didn't have the strength in my legs to get up. Then the guy starts to talk to me.

" And you... Are you trying to kill me? Didn't you see the car coming?"

I'm scared again by his tone of voice. My hands were shaking and all I can tell him is " I'm sorry"

I don't even know why I said that, but the second I saw his face I felt inexplicably guilty.

I see him pause for a minute and then straighten his hair out with his hands.

" Okay, It doesn't matter. You... mmm are you hurt? I shouldn't have pushed you so hard but it's better than being hit by a damn car" He sighs and gestures to my knees. I follow his gesture down and see that my knee is all scratched up and bleeding out from the fall.

It's only now that I start to feel the burn.

" Ah... It hurts..." It's really bleeding a lot

" What are you going to do?" He must have heard me mummer as I tried to get up.

" It's okay... It's just a scratch."

" You look like you're about to cry and you say you're alright?"

I honestly don't know how my face looks like now, but I can feel intense pain. It hurts more every time that I look at it.

" I'm really fine. Thank you for the help."

I tell him kindly. Aside from his sharp and serious face, he graciously accepts my gratitude. He shrugs his shoulders and turns towards his thrown bicycle on the curb. He probably threw his bicycle and jumped to push me.

I can only look at him while he lifts his bike to leave me.

That's all.

The next bus would be here soon and all I have to do is drive home. It's nothing serious, just a scratch. I can drive home.