CH:13 The appearance of a rival

Chompoo

For a girl like me, the man sitting in front of me is the man of my dreams. Although, people might not find him as attractive as I do.

He's not tall, or handsome, he's not the popular kind you see in dramas. But his kind acts from that day made me forget all about my 'ideal type'.

Why should I look for the man in my dreams? He's right here. My real life hero.

I couldn't stop thinking about him ever since that day. I hear his soft voice offering me help and see his smile everytime that I look at the red folder I carry. Until the moment where he disappeared like cinderella.

I wanted to see him the more I thought about him. So I went to his dormitory every morning to go look for him. I normally get up in time to get to school. Until a while ago, my routine was to wake up early and head to this campus.

It must have been destiny that united us. I was chaining up the rear wheel of my bicycle when I saw him and I ran to him at once.

" Do you remember me?"

He looked a bit confused when I asked him. So I went ahead and reminded him of where we had met. He said that it was okay already and that he was glad to hear that I turned it in on time, but i didn't want to waste more time. So, I asked him If I could join him to eat breakfast in the school's cafeteria. I told him that I would like to thank him by paying for his meal.

But I really just want to spend more time with him.

He finally said yes. That's how I'm here smiling like crazy in front of him.

I just heard from his friend that his name is Ae and I have to thank him for being here because when P'Ae was done with a call he said that he had to go and pick someone up, but his friend offered to help right away.

" I'll go fetch him myself. Stop, sticking your nose in my business."

" Not a chance. Be a gentleman. Nong Chompoo came here to see you, so stay here and make her company. Don't worry about your young master. I'll go get him for you."

So I asked P'Ae many questions when Pond I think that's his name left. He seems to be a calm guy. He responds with a general bow or smile.When I asked if he wanted to get his food now he smiled at me and answered me with something I found annoying.

" Not yet. I still have to wait for my friend to get here. I have to ask him what he want to eat so I can go get it for him."

Since when do friends go out of their way to buy each other meals? And what's with that smile he has when he talks about this friend?

At first I thought his friend was a girl, but then I remembered that he referred to them as a "he" and I felt relieved when Pond came back with a boy.

BUT....

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

The boy is a handsome guy and P'Ae looks flustered as soon as he makes his way over. He even takes out the chair for him.

I guess, I'm overthinking...

But I suddenly felt threatened. Something told me to explain my thoughts to him before it's too late and he leaves to go get our breakfast.

" Chompoo really wants to thank you, P'Kha... and Chompoo likes you lots. Can I be your girlfriend, Kha? P'Ae?"

I really want to be his girlfriend.

It's just that I wasn't expecting to hear his answer. There was an uncomfortable air around our table. The cafeteria's usual noise level of people entering, chattering and leaving where all stopped when a pretty girl made her serious confession in front of P'Ae, no one could say anything.