Ch:15 Learning

Third person

It was late at night after a couple days of the school's event. Khun Ae is returning with his roommate back to their dorm as soon as their afternoon class they had together ended. He throws his bag on his bed as he sits on his favorite spot at the ground table. He opens his laptop and gets to scrolling on facebook.

He rarely checks his profile on social media. He's not the type to spend hours on FB scrolling through all of his high school friends' posts. Today however, he sits attentive looking at the screen.

" What the hell is wrong with you, Ai'Sun? You're posting way too many pictures of your cats."

Ae complains, seeing that his friend had posted many pictures of his cats, Persian, American, short hair, Scottish-fod and other species of cats all with #kawaiikitty.

What the heck!?

He shakes his head just as much when he sees that his sympathetic friend, Ai' Dear has posted many of his delicious looking home made dishes.

Man! He didn't know scrolling through their pages would make him miss hanging out with them like he did in high school this much.

One after another, Ae goes through all of their pages. He pauses on one of the advertisements for soccer cleats. He hesitates for a bit while looking at it, but ends up clicking the link. He's been thinking about getting himself a new pair for a long time now, but he's abandoned the thought because his old pair work just fine. Also seven thousand baht is expensive.($220 USD)

That wasn't even the original price. The price has dropped to 7 thousand for now. An avid shopper would take advantage of the opportunity, but the sale drop isn't a factor that can help Ae obtain a pair sooner.

He's well aware of how difficult it is to earn money nowadays and appreciates the value of everything.

" My family isn't rich."

He sighs.

But then something called to his attention, right there tiny in the corner of the screen.

Oh my god!

He spends a whole minute hovering the cursor over the ad before clicking on it with his eyes shut tight.

" Whait... What that hell am I doing here in the first place?"

He talks to himself all the while opening tab after tab on this strange site he found himself at. He wanted to close all of it and go straight to sleep, but part of his thoughts kept bringing him back.

Ae takes a deep breath.

" It doesn't hurt if It makes me learn something new, right?" He murmurs to himself.

But, just less than ten minutes into observing what he calls 'learning material' and he's already mouth wide open ready to drop dead at any moment. The experience is so out of this world that it blew his mind way beyond his imagination.

Ae scratches his head,irritated while he tries not to look at the scene that is playing on the screen.

" Well... I can't see it, but I'm well capable of reading something in respect to it."

He thought of a new approach and opened another google tab to search without bothering to close the previous tabs.

* Knock knock knock*

" Ai' Ae, are you there?"

He quickly turns off the screen.

" Yes!" He jumps, closing his laptop, then getting up to get the door.