Ch: 16 An angry guy

Ae

" You know, you were really cruel that day. Ai'Pete was really upset."

" Well... he shouldn't have bought those shoes in the first place. I don't want him to make a habit of that. He can't go on buying expensive things for people when they help or show him kindness."

" Wait... why are you explaining this to me? You should be talking to him about it instead. He's probably still bothered about it."

The conversation I had with Ai'Pond last night is still ringing in my head. I hope my teammates don't think I'm avoiding training in the corner,but I'm actually deep in thought. Since the school's activities are over, the freshman can officially join the soccer practice with the university team without having to worry about other activities.

We're not familiar with each other yet. Most of us are from various departments and special fields. There hasn't been any matches against each other. The seniors said that there would always be a match between us, but that wouldn't come until the second semester. We're going to have separate matches against the departments in the school. Though once it's all over we become friends again.

The cycle repeats itself every year.

" Hey, Ai'Ae. What's wrong? Earth to Ae."

" Nothing"

I must of zoned out and next thing I knew Ai'Can had already kicked the ball all around the field and came back to my side to keep chatting.

" Okay, but you have to be more energetic than that. Look at me, man. I can run for three hours straight and still have energy to run further."

Yes, of course. Mr. Alert shows off his moves to me. EVeryone knows that Ai'Can is one of the fastest players that there is on the team. He can steal the ball before you even realize it. His 'state of alert' is only present for about an hour. After that his battery needs recharging and he usually ends up in a corner.

" Listen up! Freshman! Come help out! We've run out of water. Go and buy some more."

Some of the seniors saw us talking and called us out to help. I nodded, but Ai'Can complained straight away.

" But I don't want to go na khrab... it's too far."

" Come on. You can do it. Think of it as an alternative way to practice. You can run your way there and bring the gallons back here."

" Simply... and it will also help you build muscle."

" Oiiii stop it. I'm not stupid, P' I know that you're trying to trick me into doing chores without complaining... Let's go Ai'Ae. I'll go with you. I want to gain more muscle in my legs."

I burst out laughing. The gullibility of Ai'Can makes me forget my worries.We take the money from our P' and run to the nearest cafeteria. Can talked nonstop on our way there. He seems to love talking.

" Oh, how is the IC guy by the way, Ai'Ae? I'm pretty sure I would have forgotten him by now if he wasn't your friend. The majority of IC kids are bad. You wouldn't think that being rich would make them sensible. But they always think so high of themselves and therefore should automatically earn the respect of all the other students. Just because they're able to afford a higher tuition than us."

I laugh along with his never ending statements.

"Just like you always thought that engineering students were the worst enemies of the science department sports teams?"