Ch.79: The end of love

Third Person

The night sky was dark and the stars up above were turned off. Only the neon lights of skyscrapers in Bangkok were shinning. At that moment, a luxurious car slowly entered a private villa. The man that drove the car got out of the vehicle... and formed an arrogant smile.

"What are you doing here?"

He looked at his son sitting on the stairs in front of him, his face seemed to be washed with tears. The other person immediately got up and slowly made his way to his father, then he said in a provocative tone.

"Why did you have to do all this?"

"I want to open your eyes."

"What's wrong with my eyes? I have been living my life without you for ten years, and now you come back to fulfill your responsibility as a father, for what!?"

Pete was interrogating his father in front of him in a aggressive tone, which made the father feel a bit unhappy.

"What I want to do is my business. As a son, you only need to obey me."

"I have always been so obedient, even when it was you that abandoned my mother and made her cry, I still obey and love you, I respect you a lot. Why do you want to ruin my life?"

"Ruin your life? You really said that I ruined your life? It's obvious that you're ruining my life! If you still insist to be with that... peasant, how will everyone look at us? They would say that my oldest son has no taste, that your not normal, you sleep with a man. It's obvious that you're destroying our family's  reputation!"

Pum got stressed while he looked at his son like he wanted to devour the other person alive. Pete clenched his fists and said in a disappointed tone.

"Your so selfish! You're always so selfish!"

"And what!? You are here just to tell me that I'm selfish?"

He smiled with disdain, because when he saw his son's expression,he knew what he wanted to do.

This counter-question made Pete get a little angry.

 "Don't go to Ae! Don't hurt his family!"

"And why should I listen to you?"

Pum raised his eyebrows to his son, who he could control until now, and suddenly became disobedient, that had left him dissatisfied. Pete looked like he had made an important decision in his mind and gave a deep breath. 

"You'll do it."  

"Why?"

"Because I'll go to Germany with you."

The person that felt so smug, stopped smiling and looked at the son he had in front of him that chose to stay in Thailand ten years ago, but now has said that he'll go to Germany with him. At first he didn't want to hear his son's pleas, and he honestly didn't care what his son had in mind, but now he wanted to listen to his son's reasons.

Pete saw his father waiting for an explanation, so he took a deep breath.

"I'm going to break up with Ae like you wish,but you have to let him go. You can't force him to abandon college. You have to stop bothering his family and let their business run like always. you also have to promise me that...you'll never touch him or his family ever again."  

Pete firmly said and he also looked at the man who he had feared all his life with decency. 

"Don't you think that your request is too much? How can I know for sure that you guys will end it?"