12. The Beginning of a War

It was 7:34 Am, Nickroy was taking his darlings out for dinner. He was ready to leave the house, but he was waiting for his daughter to get ready. “Nickayla!” he called.

“I'm coming.” she answered.

“I'll be waiting in the car.” Nickroy informed. Phillipe went outside with him but stayed at the house door. He watched as Nickroy walked to the car. Nickroy opened the car door and went in, he pushed in his key and twisted it, and the car went up in flames.

“Nickroy!” Phillipe shouted. Nickayla heard loud noises and came outside. She saw a car on fire, “Dad!” she wept, “Where's dad?” She shouted.

“He's in the car. It just blew up.” Phillipe said in shock.

“Why are you just standing there? do something!” Nickayla cried.

“I-I,” Phillipe stuttered, he quickly took out his phone and called the fire department.

Nickayla stood there and watched the car burned; tears fell from her eyes, “Dad!” she cried, going on her knees. Phillipe lifted her from her kneeling position and hugged her. “I'm sorry.” he apologized.

“Who would do such a thing?” Nickayla asked.

“I don't know.” Phillipe replied.

“I'm calling Sanya.” Nickayla informed.

“That's a good idea.”
Ring

“Ah… hello.” someone answered.

“Sanya?”

“It's Brianna, Sanya is in the bathroom.” Brianna clarified.

“Oh, it's Nickayla.”

“I know.”   “Right.” An awkward silence followed.

“Are you ok, you sound stuffy?” Brianna inquired softly.

“Yeah, I'm fine. Can you please tell Sanya to come to my house, I need to talk to her.” Nickayla asked sadly.

“Ok, I'll tell her.” Brianna spoke.

“Thanks.” Nickayla thanked her and hung up.

Brianna put the phone on the bed and waited for Sanya to come out of the bathroom, when she did Brianna said, “Nickayla called.”

“What did she say?” Sanya inquired.

“That you should come to her house.”

“But I have to talk to you.” Sanya pouted.

“You can tell me later.” Brianna said.

“Ok fine, I'll be back soon.” Sanya said walking towards the door, she stopped when she reached. “When is Arianna coming home?” She asked.

“Next week.” Brianna said.

“I'm so dead.” Sanya breathes.

“Yup.” Brianna laughed.

“Bye Brianna.” Sanya joined.

“Bye.”

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Sanya rode her bike to Nickayla’s house. When she reached the gate, she saw a lot of smoke coming out of a car, firemen were there putting out the fire. Sanya looked at the car in confusion as she passed by to go to the house. She met Nickayla and Phillipe at the door.

“What's that?” Sanya asked pointing to the now toasted car.

“That was my father.” Nickayla said.

“Nickroy is in that, what happened?”  Sanya inquired getting angry.

“Someone planted a bomb in his car.” Phillipe intervened.

“I was going to go in that.” Nickayla said in shock.

“Who would do this to Nickroy?” Sanya asked them.

“I have no idea.” Phillipe replied with a sigh. Sanya's phone started ringing. She looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Cole, she declined the call.

“Who was that?” A curious Phillipe asked.

“Cole.” Sanya answered with a straight face.

Ring

“Would you look at that,” Phillipe said looking at his phone, “He's calling me.”

“Hey Cole.”

“Hey bro, where are you?”

“I'm at home, why?”

“Daniel Vaz is dead.” Cole informed.