9. Death

It was dark when Sanya arrived at the bridge. Two black cars were parked and about six men stood by them. They had their arms crossed against their chests as they leaned against the car trying to look intimidating. “Never thought you would show up.” the leader said.

“I wasn't going to.” Sanya admitted.

“Well, I'm glad you did.” He grinned.

“What do you have for me?” Sanya asked, bored. “Not so fast love, you see you have to do something for me first.”

“Should've known. What's the information about?”

“A certain man that you have a history with.” that got Sanya's attention.

“Derick Whyte.” The man revealed.

Sanya took a deep breath, “What do you want me to do?” she questioned coldly.

“I want you to kill Mayor Campbell.”
“Done.” They both went their separate ways.

Cole was in his bedroom lying down when he heard a knock on his room door, he went and opened it. When he did, he saw that it was Angel, his girlfriend. “Hey babe, what are you doing here?” he asked with a smile. “Can we talk?”

“Sure, come in.” Angel went inside and sat on Cole's bed. "Cole, I need to tell you something.” she said, her voice breaking a little.

“Angel, what's wrong?”

“Um so...” Angel started, “Wait, this is not a breakup, is it?” Cole asked. “It's up to you.” Angel said. “What do you mean?”

“I'm pregnant Cole.”

“You're what?”

“I'm pregnant.” Angel repeated. Cole stood there in shock. “Are you sure?” He asked.

“I took five tests and they all read positive.”

“Crap. What are we going to do?”

“I know I'm just seventeen, but I don't want to abort my baby, I can't.” cried Angel. “I wasn't going to tell you to do that.” Cole frowned. “Come here.” He hugged her and kissed her forehead. “We'll be alright.” he assured her.

It was late in the night and Cole couldn't sleep. He sat up on the bed and looked at Angel who was sleeping peacefully. Cole kissed her on the cheek and went out onto his balcony. He took in the night sky for a while. He let his eyes travel, only to see Sanya on her balcony with a bottle in her hand. Sanya was so lost in her own little world that she didn't see Cole. Cole came out of his room and went over to Sanya's room. He knocked on the door “It's open.” Came Sanya’s voice from inside. Cole entered and joined his cousin on her balcony.

“You good?” He asked.

“Nope.” Sanya answered.

“Is that why you're drinking beer? I mean you never drink beer.” Cole noticed.

“I've got shit to deal with Cole.”

“You know, you've been acting strange these last couple of weeks. You keep to yourself.”

“Maybe I just want to be alone, have you people ever thought about that?”

“Sanya, whatever you are going through, you have people here to help you.”

“Get out!” Sanya commanded which surprised Cole, “Wha-”

“Please, just get out.” Cole left with a sigh.

Sanya dragged herself to her bed and laid on her stomach, she could hear his voice echoing in her head.

“Go on tell her!” A scary male voice commanded.

“Ok, I'll tell her.” the scared voice of a female cried.