10. The Story of Daisy

Angel went home because she knew the family needed a private moment. Sanya, Cole, and Troy sat at the table. Troy folded his arms and waited for Sanya to start talking. “It all started when they met...”

21 years ago

Daisy summers was a nurse at the Canvas public Hospital. She lives alone with her dog Cirri. One day while working at the hospital, Daisy got a patient by the name of Derick Whyte, he had bruises on his face and a long cut running along his left eye. Daisy got alcohol to clean her patient's wounds. “What happened to you?” she asked, “I got into a fight.” Derick told her.

“It looks like it was a really nasty fight.” Daisy comments.

“You should've seen the other guy.” Derick brags.

“This wound along your left eye is going to leave a scar.”

“That's good, it will make me look more like a gang leader.” Daisy smiles thinking that he was joking. “I'm Derick by the way.”

“Daisy.”

“That name suits you.”

“Thank you.”

“Do you maybe want to hang out with me sometime?”

“Are you asking me out?”

“N-yes, yes, I'm asking you out. So...”

“Since you asked so nicely, Yes, I'll go with you.” Daisy said.

The following week Daisy and Derick met up and went to a fancy French restaurant. The dinner was very nice, and Daisy enjoyed her night. After the dinner Derick took Daisy to his house which was in Atlas. Atlas was very close to Canvas.

For months the two stayed in touch. Their feelings towards each other grew. Derick grew confident and asked Daisy to marry him, and she said yes. After their marriage Daisy and Derick were happy. Daisy found out that Derick is in a gang, and she got upset with him for a while.

2 years later

Daisy rushed to the bathroom and threw up all her breakfast, this has been happening for a while. Daisy had an idea of what is happening to her. She went to a pharmacy and bought four pregnancy tests. When she got back home, she peed on all four sticks. She waited for the result, and they all came out positive.

Derick came home and saw Daisy sitting on the bed, “Hey flower.” he greets and kiss her forehead. Daisy was very nervous she uses her hand to twist her huge shirt. “Is everything alright flower?” Ask Derick.

“I have something to tell you.”

“Hey, what is it?” Derick asks sitting next to Daisy.

“I'm pregnant.”

“Are you serious?” Daisy nod, “That's wonderful news babe.”

“Really?”

“Of course, you've just made me the happiest man alive.” Daisy smiled.

Months later Daisy gave birth to a baby boy, she called him Ranaldo Whyte. Daisy would've given everything for her son. Derick started taking drugs, they drove him to do things that he wouldn’t dear to do when he is sober. He started abusing Daisy. Driven to pain Daisy ran away she couldn't take her son with her because that night she had plan to run away Derick had Ranaldo.

About one more year later, she met this man that gave her everything she needed, Troy Trovic. He loved and cared for her. Daisy gave birth to her second child and called her Sanya Trovic. When Daisy learned that she was in yet another disloyal relationship, she fled leaving her second child with her father. It was true that Daisy didn't want to have anything to do with Troy any longer, but she couldn't abandon a second child. Troy had never dared to hit her so she trusted him, but she can never be with him.

Daisy went back to Canvas where she used to live. Sanya visited her; it goes on for 14 years. Daisy also went to Derick so she can see her son, but he refused. Everything in Daisy's life was perfect except for the fact that she doesn't have her son. Derick found out that Daisy had a child for his enemy.

Sanya had just broken up with her boyfriend. When she reached her mother's house she heard talking and what sounded like crying. “Mom,” she called.