8. She Knows

Brianna lay awake in the hospital; Ranaldo was by her side massaging her head. “How are you feeling?” He asked her lovingly.

“I'm fine.” Brianna managed to say. Ranaldo smiled; Brianna returned it. She took a deep breath.

“Babe, are you okay?” Ranaldo asked filled with worry.

“I'm ok, I shouldn't have thought of getting up.” said Brianna, “but there is something I’ve been meaning to tell you.” Ranaldo's eyes widen. “And you were angry with me for not telling you about me, you even left me.” Ranaldo scoffed in disbelief.

“Ranaldo, I was going to tell you but it's an embarrassing story.”

“I would never underestimate you for who you are.” Brianna smiled and took a deep breath.

“I don't know my father; it has always been my mother and I ever since I was born.” Brianna started,

“What happened to your father?”
Brianna went silent. “Babe, answer me, I’ll love you no matter what.”

“I'm a child of rape,” Brianna responds, “my mother had me when she was 16 years old. She revealed the truth to me when I was about 10 years old. I never understood what she was saying back then, but because she said it in tears, I knew it was something sad. The only person who knew about this was Sanya. I never talk to anyone else about it. It has been eating at me ever since.”

“Babe...” Ranaldo went speechless and held his girl in his arms. Brianna broke down in tears.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Sanya went to her father's office and saw him and Mayor Campbell talking, they both looked at her “Sorry,” she apologized “I didn't know you were in a meeting.”

“We're not.” Mayor Campbell said. Sanya looked to her father then back at Mayor Campbell. “Then why are you here, I'm sure dad gave you money last week.”

“That's not why he's here darling.” Troy said.

“What other reason could there be?” asked Sanya.

“Jody-Ann has been kidnapped.”
Mayor Campbell informed.

“So?” Sanya questioned.

“I need you to help me get her back.”

“Excuse me. Look here asshole your granddaughter and I are no friends.”
she said. Mayor Campbell took up a photo of Cage and showed it to Sanya, she recognized the person but did not say. “Who is that?” Sanya asked innocently.

“That's the boy who took her.” Campbell answered.

“Good luck finding her. Maybe Cole can follow dad’s command and go, maybe Ron or Daunt, but not me.”

Sanya said and walked away, she stopped when she reached the door. “Or better yet, why don't you go and ask Rheana or Phiona, they are friends with her aren't they? And if you don't mind, I need to speak to my father, alone.”

Mayor Campbell took his belongings and left. Troy sat down and looked at his daughter as if he was studying her. “You know that man—” Troy started to say only to hear, “Nope not talking about him.” From Sanya, she sat before her father then asked, “Why did you change your mind about Alehandro marrying me?”

“That's a funny story. I learnt that you two have a history. Why don’t you go ahead and tell me about it.” said Troy.

“It started when I was 13 years old. That summer when I went to visit mom. I met him in a café, he asked me out and I said yes. Every summer when I went to visit mom, he would come to see me. When we were in the 11th month of our relationship, he started getting
possessive and controlling so I ended things. That's the same day mom died.” Sanya recalled sadly.