18. Ending a War

There were a lot of men and women there to kill Derick, they were from every gang and mafia in Cantralot, even though Christopher Gayle’s son wasn’t there, he sent some of his men. Everyone had two or more guns. All the leaders walked towards the warehouse including Phillipe, the others followed behind them.

They killed the two guards that was guarding the door. When they got inside, they saw two more men and they shot them. Everyone separated except for Nickayla and Phillipe.

Ranaldo walked towards the basement with his gun pointing before him ready to fire on command. When they got there, he saw Sanya tied to a chair, she was very bloody, and she had her head down. “Sanya.” Ranaldo said, running towards her.

Ranaldo’s gun got kicked out of his hand. He yelped and quickly avoid the punch that the man was sending towards his head and kicked him in the stomach. The man crouched in pain and Ronaldo kicked him in his head, the guy fell unconscious.

Ranaldo ran to Sanya and tapped her cheek; she didn’t respond at first, so Ranaldo tapped her cheek again. Sanya opened her eyes and groaned in pain, “Hey, hey, hey, are you ok?” Ranaldo asked her.

“Huh?” Sanya questioned, her eyes closing.

“Hey, stay awake!” Ranaldo commanded. He untied his sister from the chair and helped her walk. “This is pointless.” Sanya groaned, “I’m slowing you down which might get us both killed, leave me and go kill that son-of-a-bitch.” She spoke.

“I can’t leave you here.” Ranaldo said.

“I’ll be fine.” Sanya assured.

Ranaldo sighed and gave Sanya a .327 magnum, “Be careful he said, and Sanya nodded.

Everyone was killing mercilessly. Candice killed with her knives, she was very fast and efficient. Nickayla and Phillipe stood back-to-back, and fire away killing everyone in their path. Rheana fights and shoots with anger. Cole killed with the thought of going back to Angel, he wants to see his child grow up.

When everyone of Derick’s men were down, only him and two of them were left. “I don’t see Derick anywhere.” Nickayla acknowledged.

“He has to be here.” Ranaldo said.

“Well, I don’t see him.” Right now, Rheana said holding onto her shoulder for she had been shot during the fight.

“Let me go you son-of-a-bitch!” They heard someone screaming.

“Sanya.” Ranaldo said rushing off in the direction that he heard the scream, everyone followed behind him. When they reached, they saw Derick holding a gun to Sanya’s head and Sanya was trying to fight him.

“Let her go, father!”  Ranaldo shouted.

Derick looked up, “Ah son.” he acknowledged. “I see who came to join the party.” he said.

“Why are you killing all my family!” Ranaldo shouted. “You killed my mother and now you are going to kill my sister. Who’s next, me?”

“No son, I can’t kill you. You’re my heir.” Derick said.

“Let her go.” Ranaldo raged.

“Come on guys don’t let me stop you from getting your revenge.” Sanya said. Everyone looked at her, they communicated with their eyes. Sanya kicked Derick’s in his baby maker, he cried out and his hold on Sanya became loose. When Sanya fell on the floor, everyone began firing. When they stopped, the two men that is with Derick were dead.

Derick breath was short and rigid. Ranaldo went and stooped to his level. “You see everyone here father, you killed their family. You murdered them and for what!?” he exclaimed.

Derek laughed and coughed a little. “They all deserved it.” he said.

“Then I guess you deserve this,” Candice said, before plunging her knife into Derick’s chest. He gasped for breath and died with his eyes wide opened. Ranaldo looked at Candice. “What?” she asked before walking away.

Ranaldo closed his father’s eyes. Their clean-up crew came and got rid of all the dead bodies. Sanya was taken to the hospital and was there for two weeks until she was released.

Two days after the release, Jevaun went to talk to Sanya. They were both on her balcony, Sanya had a cup of coffee in her hand. “So, what did you want to talk about?” she asked.

Jevaun sighed, “Not that you care, but I got a football scholarship in Los Angeles.” he told.

“So?” Sanya asked.

“I’m moving away.” Jevaun informed.

“Good.” Sanya said not looking in his direction. Jevaun threw her key on the table, “There, I brought it back.” he said. Sanya looked and saw that it was her bike key.

Jevaun was leaving but stopped when he reached the door. “Why did you do it?” he asked randomly.

“Do what?”

“Had sex with Alehandro on the same day we broke up.” Sanya went silent. “Did you even love me! was it even a competition, it was always going to be him wasn’t it?”

“I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“You didn’t mean to hurt me!” Jevaun scoffed.

“You are the one who broke up with me.”

“Yes, I did, because you were acting like a bit-?

“You should leave.” Sanya said. Jevaun shook his head and, on his way out he slammed the door.

Jody-Ann sat in her grandfather’s office, she had called her grandfather’s four bodyguards and their sons the office. The office was different, Jody-Ann made sure of that, but she kept the old painting.

“Do you all know why I called you here?” she asked.

“No, but I’m guessing it has something to do with the fact that you’re the mayor now.” one of the men said.

“Clever. You four were my granddad’s personal and the most trusted guards, right?”

“Right.”

“This is what’s going to happen, you are old. I need fresh young bodies,” Jody-Ann was interrupted when one of the young boys said, “You can have mine.” With a wink. Jody-Ann ignored him and continued, “… to guard me. So, from now on you four will be my personal bodyguard.” She said referring to the four young men.

“Now, if you will excuse me, I have to meet with some can contractors, this neighborhood needs rebuilding.”

“Should we start now?”

“No just stand there till tomorrow.” the guys watch out Jody-Ann walked away, “Well come on then.” she shouted. “Doesn’t anyone know about sarcasm.” she muttered.

Ranaldo sat on the couch deep in thoughts, Brianna joined him, “What’s wrong?” she asked knowing that it is not the death of his father that’s bothering him.

“I’ve been thinking about this for a while now. I know you might not like it, but I think it’s the right thing to do.” Ranaldo said.

“What have you been thinking about?” Brianna asked. Ranaldo took a deep breath. Brianna started to worry. “Babe.” she called, “What is it?”

“I’m taking over my father’s gang and I’m going to make sure that I do things differently.”

“What?” Brianna asked surprised.

“I want you to come with me, babe. We can raise our child in an environment that I know will be safe for us.”

Brianna thought about it deeply, “I will go with you babe.” She smiled.