Chapter four

It felt like hours had passed by the time Elle and Lisa were ready to leave and as much as I hated ruining their night, I need to get the hell out of here. I know they both would’ve ended up leaving with the men they pulled if it wasn’t for me but I wasn’t going to argue.  Even though Joshua wasn’t seated with us any longer, I could still feel his eyes burning into me. His piercing eyes making a fire ignite deep in the pit of my stomach as well any other places.  I had never felt anything so deep and intense. That man made me a nervous fire ball. I swear it.

 As much I would’ve loved to run off into the sunset with him, this obviously wasn’t meant to be. Then again everything in my life seems so mixed up and complicated at the moment, maybe I should’ve just given into the little devil inside me. What’s the worst that could happen? Well at least I couldn’t get pregnant, I mentally laughed.

Making our way towards the staircase, I decided I was going to leave alone. I didn’t want to be the one to ruin their night. Turning to face Lisa I stopped her going any further. “Lisa you and Elle go off with your men. I’m going to head home and before you say no, I’m ordering you, not asking you.  Go and have a good time.” Lisa laughed as she hugged me but I could see she wasn’t too happy about leaving me go alone.

 “As long as you’re sure that you’re going to be ok on your own?” This was Lisa, Always the one to worry. “I’m fine seriously. To be honest Lisa, I have never felt better. Now I’ll see you both in the morning. I’ll have coffee and Advil’s ready for you both.” I laughed;   knowing they sure as hell was going to need them with the state they were in.

“Loves you Isabella”, “Loves you too Lisa. Just tell Elle ok?” “Will do” I walked off leaving my friends to enjoy the rest of the night without having to worry about me. Walking down the steps I could still feel Joshua’s eyes burning into my skin but I couldn’t see him anywhere.

Speeding up a little I made my way successfully to my car without bumping into Mr Greek God himself. I had never jumped in my car so fast in my life. Even seated in my car I could still feel him nearby. I shoved the key into the ignition and started the car and began reversing out. Looking into my rear-view mirror, I gasped as I caught a glimpse of him standing by the doors of the club just staring at me. My heart accelerated as my hands on the steering wheel became all clammy. My hands slipped through the steering wheel making me lose my grip.  Wiping my hand down my dress I nervously gripped the wheel and sped off without daring myself to take another look.

One more gaze and all the walls I had been building up all night would’ve come crashing down. I wasn’t an easy girl but hell he was making it hard.  He not only made me all hot and bothered but he made me want to slap him one as well. However, his cocky attitude wasn’t enough to extinguish out this burning desire he inflicted on me.

By the time I had reached home, all my crazy raging hormones had finally calmed down.

Lying in my bed I laughed at how stupid I had acted tonight. Not only had he had my body melting but he had made me feel alive. However, as much as I would have loved to have gone off with him, I knew deep down that I had made the right decision.  I needed to get my life together, not throw more complications into the mix. Nevertheless, Sleep didn’t come easy.  Saying that, that’s not un-usual for me anymore. Since the night Jaxon dumped me by a single text, I haven’t had one decent night sleep. Then when I found out I was pregnant, sleep was just a no go. I would be lucky to get a couple of hours sleep a night before the nightmares started or should I say the reality of my life came down heavily on me.

 I know I wasn’t the only one in the world in this position but it sure felt like I was. This was the first time I truly felt alone.  I always had Lisa or Elle here with me and I knew this was only the start of what was to come. Before my mind could start over thinking, how in less than three weeks my friends were leaving to go back to their own home towns, I quickly shoved it away. Even though we haven’t spoken of it yet, I knew it was coming.

With my mind already made up on staying here. I had already been out looking for a smaller place that I could afford by myself. I wasn’t ready to face my parents yet because I hadn’t even told them of my condition yet. Due to knowing what their reactions would be. I decided I was going to leave it until I had to tell them. Which knowing them I never will. Don’t get me wrong I loved my parents and they loved me but their top priority in live was their work. I was just a person in their lives. They owned a bed and breakfast down on the coast. It was beautiful but with money always tight they both took extra jobs on to keep their dream home. I just wished that I had meant as much to them as our home did.

My cell phone startled me, forcing me out of my deep thoughts. Lifting my phone off the bedside table I expected to see a message from Elle or Lisa but it was neither of them. Not recognizing the number my curiosity got the better of me and I opened it.

Unknown:

I’m not giving up  

J xx

Reading the text over and over again, I racked my brain trying to come up with a reason why Jaxon was texting me now. It was driving me on the verge of breaking down. I knew he had gotten a new number but I had deleted and blocked his old number so I wouldn’t have to go through any more heartache and pain.

Saying that, wasn’t he meant to be away on his honeymoon with his new wife? And why say ‘I’m not giving up’ when he had already given up on us three months ago! Could he be having second thoughts about us? Is he regretting dumping me? Did he want me back? As much as I loved him I knew deep in my heart I could never take him back. He had not only dumped me for another woman but he had also been cheating on me with her for a year without me even knowing.

My eyes stung with tears, tears that I desperately refused to shed for him. My head was spinning with so many unanswered questions and what ifs. It felt like the day he dumped me all over again, even down to the pain slicing through my already broken heart.

*****************************

Aww Bless her!

I hope Isabella stays strong and stays away from Jaxon. do you?

will she ever see Joshua again?

Thank you all so much for reading commenting and voting xoxo

Mel xx