Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Just as I was finally giving up on them coming back any time soon, I heard who I knew was Jacks voice. My eyes filled with tears as I heard Joshua calling out to me. He was here. He wasn't locked up in some cell awaiting trial for murder as I had feared he was or laying somewhere seriously injured. Sobs racked through my body uncontrollably as everything hit me at once. Joshua held me the best he could in my painful state but right this second the pain was nothing. The relief I felt being held in his arms was indescribable. The tears flowed harder and harder until I couldn't cry no more. Feeling wetness on my head I knew I wasn't the only one crying. Lisa Elle and whoever else was in the room must of left to give us a bit of time alone and believe me we needed it.

Joshua told me little bits of what had happened but I could tell he had left some major things out. And as much as I wanted to hear the uncut version of what really happened, I was just too happy to have Joshua back and Jaxon locked up far away from me. The rest will surely come out in time but for now I had heard enough and by the feel of Joshua's body slumping against mine, I could tell he had been through enough for today as well.

A month had passed and everything was starting to get back to normal. Well as normal as my life will ever be, I thought to myself. Joshua refused to let me to go back to live with the girls. Instead he had me move in with him, well at least until I recover that is and even though I'm near on fully recovered, he still won't let me go home.

Smiling to myself I think of how far we have come in just four weeks. His mother is due out of hospital and is coming to stay with him and as much as I love his mother to bits, I didn't want to intrude on them. My sight is practically back. My vision is still blurry but I can see a lot more than anyone ever thought I would. I am no longer in pain thank god but when I bring this up to Joshua he gets all sulky and over protective on me.

Yes, I get it that no one wants me going back to that house but I needed to, even if it was just to visit. Elle and Lisa agreed with Joshua which left me battling a no win situation, alone. Leaving out a heavy sigh; I looked over at Joshua and still to this day, just a mere look at him had me melting on the spot. It wasn't that I wanted to leave here because in all honesty, I love being here and spending so much time with Joshua but I needed to go back there so I could try and put that horrible part of my life behind me.

"What's troubling you my love?" Joshua asks as he comes and sits down next to me on the sofa.  I wondered if I should leave it or just say it. Going with the latter, I quickly said it before I could chicken out, yet again.

 "Joshua please just hears me out before saying no." I said hoping he would for once let me finish before he becomes all defensive and protective. Staring into his eyes I watched as he mentally battled with himself. "Look, I'm not asking to move back home Joshua but I need to go back there." Holding my hand up I stopped him from cutting me off like he usually does. I needed to get this out and now.

"I need to go back there Joshua because I can't keep living like this anymore.  Every night I wake you up due to my nightmares of that night. Staying away isn't helping me and I think I need to go back and face it head on so that I can finally move on with my life." Joshua closed his eyes and by the way his chest rose and fell I knew he was trying to understand what I was saying, as well as calm himself down. I understood how much it killed him seeing what Jaxon done to me but we have come so far together and now, I want us to have the fresh start we both have talked about so many times.

"Isabella." Leaning in he kissed my lips gently then moved me so I was now sitting on his lap. "If you think it will help you then we will go but I love you too much to let you move back there. Isabella I nearly lost you once and baby, I could never cope if anything happened to you or our baby." Even now it still makes me all giddy when he calls my baby ours.

"Isabella look at me darling." Raising my head up, our eyes locked. Seeing so much love and devotion in his eyes almost made me cry. "I love you and want to spend the rest of my life loving and caring for you but like I told you before. I don't want to rush you into anything. You have been through so much and as much as I hate the thought of you going back to that mind haunting house, if you think it will help you then we will go. However, please just think about it a little longer just so you're sure that this is what you want to do" Cutting him off I kissed him hard and passionately letting all my love for him flow through the kiss.

Breathing heavily I buried my face into his chest. "Joshua I have done nothing but think about what to do. Please can we just go now so I can get it over and done with, I don't want to think let alone wait another day. I need to do this and now, so I can finally try to rid my brain of that night."  Sighing heavily he lifted me up into his arms and headed towards the kitchen. At first I thought he was going to distract me by bringing me into the bedroom but when I spotted him picking up his keys, my heart began to race. He was taking me and right now.

Was I ready to do this? Will it help me or make everything worse? I didn't know what to expect. My head was swirling. Nevertheless I knew deep down, deep deep down, I needed to do this.  Without a word we were now seated in his car and on our way to my old house, the haunted house as I now call it, my nerves were shot.

Joshua was quieter than normal but I was ok with this, as I was too distracted by my own thoughts of what I was going to see let alone feel. I had overheard a conversation between Jack and Paul saying that they had cleaned the blood up which I guess would be one less thing for me to face.

Paul and Jack have been great. Paul is like an older brother, where Jack is like a real dad, not like my own. I had grown to love Joshua's friends; they were really funny and caring. Since moving in I had done a lot of laughing, more than I ever had and believe me it was like a tonic. I had finally for the first time in my life felt like I belonged. I was happy and in love with a man that really was way out of my league but thankfully he didn't see it that way. Joshua loved not only me but my unborn baby too. It was as if I was living the dream.

Lying in bed at night, I'd often listen to him talking to our baby while he thinks I'm a sleep. I thought he would hate this baby because it was Jaxon's but he doesn't. If anything he already loves this baby as if it was his own and to be honest, I wished with all my heart it was his. However, it wasn't and even though I hated Jaxon with a passion, this baby was going to be loved so much that he or she will never need to know Jaxon or what he had done ever happened.

 For me, Jaxon never existed and Joshua was now the dad. Joshua had already asked if he could be put on the baby's birth certificate as the baby's dad and although at first I was shocked and slightly indecisive, I knew I could have no better man in my baby's life. Joshua is whole heartedly the most caring, loving, devoting man I had ever met and I knew deep down we were going to grow old together. He was the one, my one, the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

*************************

I wonder how Isabella is going to react seeing that place for the first time since that horrifying night?

Will she be stronger than they all think?

or will it finally break her?

Joshua, well what can i say..... I just loves him too bits ha ha

Next upload will hopefully be at the weekend.

I am trying to reply to as many comments as i can but not having as much time as i would like, I've been finding it hard. However, i want you all to know that when drinking my coffee in the morning it makes my day to read all your comments. So please don't think i don't read them because I swear to God i do!!!!

All my love as always Mel xoxo