。・*:・゚★。・* chapter twenty five

Point Place, Wisconsin
The Park

Point Place, WisconsinThe Park

SUNDAY, 1.31 pm
FOUR WEEKS LATER
Lola Kelso's POV

I sigh deeply, filling my lungs with the warm air as I feel Steven's chest rise and then fall beneath my back, my head leaning into his neck with the warmth of his skin hitting my ear, his arms out either side of him as he leans back onto his palms.

"Another one, your turn." I tell him, looking forward and watching a little boy eagerly race around the green field after his scruffy dog, giggling wildly as the black and white dog barks and wags his tail, panting deeply as he keeps up with the blonde boy holding out a big stick.

The park was packed with people; everyone seemed to have the same idea of coming out in the warming weather as soon as an inch of the sun came out. I was so glad the colder weather had gone almost completely, meaning summer was coming and we could spend more time outside actually doing things.

There were a few families having picnics and a group of teenagers playing a ball game, but it was mainly full of couples leaning together and watching the people on the field. We were still in Point Place, but none of the group ever came to this park, as Michael had deemed it "too boring" to actually stay here and only ever walked through as a shortcut to get to The Hub round the back.

We had spent a lot of the past month together, only really being apart when I had to go home to eat or one of my brothers wanted to do something or if it was late. I was hooked on Hyde and I couldn't even hide it. I craved being around him if he wasn't with me, and when I was with him I never wanted him to leave.

My only problem was the thinning of the ice I was on as we got closer and my brothers were becoming more suspicious as I was rarely at home. They weren't strict, they didn't really have a reason to be, but I couldn't ignore the countless times I had been told by Casey that he didn't want me with someone like Hyde, whatever that meant. But I did know he was serious, and I was terrified to push my luck with it.

I feel Steven hum in thought, the vibration rumbling up my spine as I wait for him to ask another question. "What's the first memory you have?" He asks after another moment of thought, his fingers laced through the thick grass as his legs lay either side of mine.

I purse my lips to the side, lifting my knees up and resting my hands on my thighs, sinking down further so my head was against his stomach. "I think the furthest back memory I can think of is probably Casey teaching me to ride a bike. I think I was five or six and I cried like a baby the entire time," I breathe out a laugh, "I have no idea how he had so much patience with me. I ran over his feet so many times and ended up snapping the pedals off that he'd spent ages screwing on."