。・*:・゚★。・* chapter thirteen

Point Place, Wisconsin
The Forman's Basement
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Point Place, WisconsinThe Forman's BasementCHAPTER THIRTEEN

FRIDAY, 5.25PM

"Do you think pink platforms will go with this outfit?" Jackie asks, her hands on her hips as she looks at her reflection in the glass doors, not seemingly bothered by the downpour of rain and grey skies outside.

I look up from my magazine, leaning forward on my elbows. "Well, you have red jeans on, so no. Maybe tan platforms?" I suggest, watching as Kitty walks into the kitchen and grabs her oven mitts.

"Oh look at you girls, talking fashion! What I'd give to be young and gorgeous!" She hums happily, taking her brownies out of the oven.

"Mrs Forman, you are gorgeous! Look at those heels!" Jackie compliments, sitting down beside me at the kitchen table.

Kitty gasps, flattening out her dress and fluffing down her hair. "Well thank you Jackie!" She gives her signature laugh, incredibly flattered by her.

She slices into the brownie, getting out three plates from the cupboard and bringing them over to the table after she puts a brownie on each one.

"I have been waiting all morning for these bad boys!" I smile as she grins widely at me, taking a bite out of hers.

"Mrs Forman, what's it like being married to a bald man?" Jackie asks, holding up the page of her own magazine. "It says here that one in three women will end up with a bald man! Look at that! I don't want that!"

Kitty wipes her hands on her apron, flapping her hands to dismiss Jackie's question. "Jackie, dear, Red is not bald! He is balding. There is a difference!" She laughs nervously.

"I don't know, some bald men can be cute!" I reason, watching Jackie scan over the article again.

"No way! Bald men are old and gross. They give me the heebie geebies!" Jackie shudders just as Red walks into the room.

"You damn kids are the reason I'm balding." He mutters under his breath, opening the fridge and pulling out a beer. He cracks open the can and turns to look out the double doors, mumbling to himself about the weather before turning and leaving the kitchen.

"Oh, he's just kidding!" Kitty laughs loudly, "We love having you kids around!"

Jackie and I smile at her in response just as Michael comes through the sliding doors, soaking wet and dripping all over the floor. "Man, it is raining!" He gasps, shrugging off his coat and throwing it on the chair by the island.