。・*:・゚★。・* chapter three

Eric Forman's Basement
Point Place, Wisconsin

Eric Forman's Basement Point Place, Wisconsin

CHAPTER THREE
4.11 pm

"Lola, come help me choose a lip gloss!" Jackie calls from upstairs in the kitchen, sounding as though she was going through Kitty's makeup with her.

I don't take my eyes away from the screen, simply turning my head slightly to shout back up the stairs.  "The pink one!" I satisfy myself with the answer, knowing she was always going to choose a pink one either way.

I lean my head back into the couch and swing my legs over Michael's long legs, happy to be taking up as much room as possible as he was usually the one doing it.

"Does it bother anyone else that these women live in Hooterville?" Hyde asks, furrowing his eyebrows as his view stays on the screen, confusion evident in his tone.

"Technically, Petticoat Junction is down the track from Hooterville," Eric cuts in, boring me already with their arguments about the show that I wasn't that interested in. I close my eyes and take advantage of the warm heating and comfortable couch beneath me, feeling drained from school.

"Lola, why are you so tired all the time? Are you having loads of sex with someone?" Michael asks loudly, looking down at me with raised eyebrows as my eyes fly open as I cringe down into the couch, wanting it to swallow me hole at such an accusation, "No, Michael! I'm not having loads of sex." I groan with embarrassment, not a clue where he came up with that.

I had no idea why he was even bothering to pester me about it, considering every time I had even brought up a boy of any interest to me he would storm out of the room covering his ears and singing as loud as possible.

"I'd know about it if you were." Hyde says, not taking his eyes away from the screen. I flip him the finger, not loving my head out of pure embarrassment if I was to make eye contact with him after Michael had brought up my sex life.

Before he can give me a sarcastic remark, Kitty comes bounding down the stairs with her laundry basket that seemed to always be in her arms, "Don't mind me kids, just doing laundry!" She chimes happily, humming a 50s tune to herself as she pulls open the dryer.

"Ooh, Eric, honey, I thought you could wear this on your birthday!" She coos, lifting out a shirt from her basket as she is reminded of it.

"Why would I need to dress nice on my birthday?" Eric raises an eyebrow suspiciously, Kitty's smile faltering as she realises she's nearly revealed the secret party.

"You never know what could happen, sweetie." She beams, covering her moment before with a chirpy tone.

Eric groans, turning to look at his mother. "Please don't throw me a birthday party." He begs, catching on immediately as if it was an annual occurrence for Kitty to do this.