。・*:・゚★。・* chapter four

Eric Forman's Basement
Point Place, Wisconsin

Eric Forman's BasementPoint Place, Wisconsin

CHAPTER FOUR
4.26 pm

"This isn't going to work, man." Hyde complains, clearly not impressed with Michael's game that he had desperately tried to get everyone to join in on since we got here.

"You've got to keep doing it! Ten more seconds; you'll love it." Michael promises, nodding his head eagerly and sticking his tongue out slightly with concentration as they press their arms against the door frames.

"Michael you tried that at home with Casey! You know you cried when he punched you for wasting his time when it didn't work." I try to warn him, knowing Hyde out of all people wasn't the best to try his game on.

"I did not cry, Lola! Shut up!" He defends childishly, his eyes wide with embarrassment as he brushes my comment off and keeps his focus.

Hyde and Fez finally step away from the wall, their arms flying up. They both nod their heads in satisfaction, surprised it had actually worked, "Cool, man!"

I roll my eyes and snort out a laugh, turning back to watch the TV again just as Eric trots down the stairs with the drinks, his hair hitting his forehead at his speed, eager to finish watching the show.

Jackie immediately sighs loudly after looking at Eric's hands, "Eric. I told you my top three choices were-" She's cut off as he shoves her the can, shutting her up. Jackie huffs and sits down with attitude next to Michael, pushing me further into the side of the arm.

Hyde walks around to the front of the couch and without a second thought, he sits straight down on top of me, not giving me room to move. I screech and try to shove him off, only resulting in him moving slightly so that he was only sitting on half of my lap. I grumble something under my breath and try to push him off again, causing him to push his hand down on my thigh to stop me from squirming.

"Kids!" Kitty beams as she thunders down the stairs, "Kids, kids, kids! The President is coming to town!"

"What President?" Eric furrows his eyebrows, not showing any interest into what she was saying as we all remain focused on the TV screen.

"Eric!" Kitty scolds, "The President of the United States of America! Gerald R. Ford! The 36th...8th...40th? I don't know, but he's the president!" She beams happily, a perfect grin on her face as she can hardly contain her excitement.

"Why's he coming to Wisconsin then?" Hyde asks from above me, pushing all of his weight down on purpose as I let out a wheeze, feeling as though I was going to fall down the back of the couch any minute now.

"Oh, Steven! We're one of his whistle stops along his Wisconsin campaign trail! My dad helped put it together!" Jackie says proudly, joining in with Kitty's excitement.