。・*:・゚★。・* chapter twenty seven

Point Place, Wisconsin
The Kelso House

Point Place, WisconsinThe Kelso House

TUESDAY, 8.48 am

It was warm outside as we walked back to my house, the air was slightly crisp but it still felt like a thick summer morning and I was practically basking in it with Steven beside me.

"Are your brother's home?" He asks me as we walk through the fields behind my house, our hands locked together. His thumb strokes over the back of my hand, his short nail tracing over my knuckles.

"I think they will be. Casey has Tuesdays off from work and Michael is probably still asleep." I hum, feeling the sun on the back of my head. I hadn't yet actually thought about how we were going to go inside together, knowing Casey was almost always in the kitchen at this time of morning and I had told him I was going to Donna's last night.

I'd managed to forget my jacket back at Hyde's, but it was surprisingly warm this morning and I knew I'd be back there either today or some point tomorrow to pick it up. Hyde also managed to forget his glasses, and I was loving every moment of seeing him without them.

Hyde is about to speak as I quickly realise we were nearing the drive, and I sharply drop my hand from his, letting it fall back by his side. He sighs, standing behind me as I nervously run my hands over my jeans and turn to look at him.

"Sorry..." I mumble, noticing the crease in his brows as I register I probably shouldn't have dropped his hand so abruptly.

"It's fine." He says flatly, it very clearly not being fine.

I frown slightly, closing my eyes as I sigh and lean my forehead into his chest. His hands stay in his pockets, not making a move to touch me and I felt my chest tighten with guilt.

I shiver, only now regretting forgetting my jumper as I feel the air nip at my bare arms that were warm only a second ago.

"How much longer is it going to be like this?" Hyde slips his hands out from his pockets and rubs his warm hands up my arms as he felt me shiver against him. I practically melt at the touch, feeling so at fault for pushing him away that I wanted the ground to swallow me whole.

I didn't know the answer and I felt terrible for it. I'd waited what seemed like forever just to be this way with Steven and I knew I was going to blow it if I couldn't find the balls and tell my brothers about it.

I knew I was overthinking, but I couldn't help worrying I would jeopardise Michael and Hyde's friendship, which I knew would come first over what we had. Michael had relentlessly drilled into me for as long as I could remember about dating his friends or even thinking about it, and I also worried about putting anymore stress on Casey, especially with everything going on with him at the moment.