𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

TWENTY THREE| DANCING QUEEN

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

WAS SHE TRULY THIS STUBBORN? Olivia had wondered to herself after Noah insisted that she get her head checked out by Gideon. She may have declined the suggestion the first time he insisted after he found her and John unconscious in one of the halls of the time ship, but she did heed his advice the second time back in the kitchen. He claimed, however, that he didn't know if he believed her given her stubborn nature. She hadn't known him for long, yet he was already able to point out the shadows of her personality that only people who have known her for years have seen. She didn't truly know how she felt about that.

"Olivia is in perfect health," Gideon informed both Noah and Olivia of her pristine condition. She sat down on a recliner in the Med-bay with Noah standing in front of her. "There's no signs of inner or outer bruising, concussion, or internal bleeding."

Olivia quirked a brow as a smirk slowly appeared its way onto her plumped lips. "See, I told you I was fine, but you didn't believe me. Just like you didn't believe me when I said I already checked with Gideon and she cleared me."

"It's true, Mr. Palmer." The A.I. was quick to come to her defense. Olivia couldn't help but grin widely at the look of annoyance on Noah's face. His cheeks soon flushed a bit probably out of embarrassment.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." He replied as she rose to her feet. They were close now to the point where she could smell his cologne. Noah must've noticed too, since he soon cleared his throat before taking a step back. "You're hereby free of me hounding you."

"Hallelujah." Olivia teased before her face grew sincere. "But thanks for, uh, being concerned."

Noah studied her ocean eyes momentarily. His silence created a form of tension that she couldn't decipher the energy of it all. His lips parted when John walked into the Med-Bay with his hands buried deep within his pants pockets. He was in his usual attire apart from the trench coat. He paused his movements when he spotted the two. A smug smirk turned up at the corners of his mouth.

"What's going on here?"

Olivia was both annoyed and grateful for her father's presence at that moment. Noah, on the other hand, seemed to be rather nervous given the amount of space he had immediately put between them. Olivia almost laughed at that. "N-nothing." Replied Noah as he tried to find a sense of calm in his tone. "I just had Gideon check out her head for any injuries after the incident with the fairy godmother."