𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

TWENTY FOUR| ANOTHER CRACKING CONSTANTINE FAMILY REUNION

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"YOU'RE CHEATING," Olivia accused as she stared Noah down with narrowed eyes. They sat crisscrossed on the floor across from one another. Noah swallowed down a chuckle that almost broke free. His face was indifferent as he stared at the cards in his hands.

He scoffed humorously. "I am not. You just don't know how to play, " he fired back to which her mouth parted in shock yet amusement.

"Touché," she replied as she nodded slowly. Noah grinned as he shook his head. He still couldn't wrap his head around Olivia. He couldn't lie and say he wasn't intrigued by her, but she was different from the type of people he had been around. He had been homeschooled his whole life, and then he joined the legends. He was never around people his age until Olivia. Noah had spent years being around grown adults and being raised by his uncle Raymond, which would explain why he always came off to Olivia as wise and a bit more mature for his age. His and Olivia's somewhat awkward and natural connection was foreign yet oddly pleasing to him.

Olivia was bold, sarcastic, charming, and very stubborn. Noah saw the hurt and fears buried deep behind her ocean blue eyes. He unfortunately never had any heightened abilities or crazy gadgets which made him feel useless in comparison to his teammates, but he did consider his intelligence and ability to read people to be his superpower. He could see right through Olivia's tough girl facade from the moment he laid eyes on her. She had a fortress built around her heart. She was scared to let others in. She had layers and layers of abandonment issues alongside the fear of death. He wondered what her story was, and he hoped that one day she would trust him enough to tell him.

Noah, on the other hand, wasn't so complicated to Olivia, which she liked about him. He was easy to talk to, and he didn't force her to be social. They had days where they just sat in silence together. He was a huge dork, which was refreshing from all the cocky guys she grew up around in Star City. But as a bonus, they both grew up in the same city, so he felt like the closest thing to home since her mother had passed. But despite all this, she still doesn't think their bond could develop any further than acquaintances. Besides, her time on this timeship was temporary, so it made no sense to bother with making a new friend. It wouldn't end well anyway.

"Do you think Ray will be able to figure out who the fugitive is?" Olivia asked Noah as she glanced down at her awful hand. When she left the bridge, the team had decided to let Ray take the lead in this mission. It's been extremely quiet on the ship. Her father hadn't even come looking for her either, which was quite odd. In the last five years, they had become almost inseparable. When she left for college, they would have lunch every Wednesday and dinner together every Sunday. He was her best friend and she was his and neither of them wouldn't want it any other way.