𝐓𝐖𝐎

TWO| THERE ARE WORLDS BEYOND OURS

BEYOND OURS

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

SHE HADN'T BEEN CAR SICK in years. When she was a little girl, Olivia couldn't be in the car for longer than five minutes without feeling the strong urge to puke. Even staring down at her shoes in a moving vehicle would cause her stomach to do flips. Usually, all she had to do was chew gum to help with the nausea, but as she grew up the annoying habit had gone away on its own. But now, as she sat in the backseat of the cab that was flying through the streets to find the missing woman, she had to find a steady breathing pattern to keep her stomach fluids where they belonged.

"There." John physically pointed out Liv's car in the distance from the backseat. After she bolted to god knows where, John oddly chose to sit in the back of the cab beside Olivia. He leaned forward in his seat with his arms draped lazily on the back of each headrest.

Chas pulled the cab off to the side of the road, and killed the engine. The cab was parked at a stop sign at an intersection adjacent to a railway. The streets were surrounded by trees on either sides. John sighed heavily almost out of annoyance before exiting the vehicle. The sound of another door closing caught his attention for a brief second. The petite figure of Olivia stumbling out of the car for some much needed air evoked an eye roll from the warlock. He headed straight for his late friends daughter with his hands stuffed into his pants pockets.

Liv slammed on her breaks stopping directly in front of John. "What is happening to me?!" She exclaimed as she got out of her car. Her eyes were drowning in fear. The blonde noticed how the brunette's arms shook at her sides.

"You're waking up. You're seeing the world for what it really is. Just like your father could." John told her vaguely as he walked off a bit, relocating their conversation to the abandon train track.

"Which means what?!" She replied tugging at her hair a bit out of frustration.

John rolled his eyes. "Impatience. The psychic disease of the twenty-first century. Where's the pendant?" Liv dug in her pockets and pulled out the desired item. Instantly, John clasped his hands around hers locking her in place. "Look around."

Liv studied her surroundings in awe. It was as if she was seeing the world in a new light which in a way she was. The sky had gotten gloomy. It was like she was seeing through a lens that had a blue tint. Her eyes jumped back and forth from people that suddenly appeared on the streets. They looked pale almost sickly. "What are they?"

"Souls." John answered. "Trapped. Searching for a way out."

"Can you see them?"

He shook his head. "No. What else do you see?"

Liv looked over Constantine's shoulder. Her eyes widened in fear. "There's a train coming."