𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

FOURTEEN| NO PRICE IS TOO HIGH TO SAVE THE INNOCENT

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

CONSTANTINE ENTERED one of the many rooms in the convent that they gathered in. He held a raw frozen chicken in his hands. "Once we fill the poultry with Hugo's blood, I'll use a glamour spell to make it look like an infant." he explained his grand plan to them.

John slammed the frozen chicken on the table top. The loud sound bounced off the walls of the close space making Olivia slightly jump back instinctively. "We'll hand it off to our evil lady friend, and she will kindly lead us to her baby stash." He stated as if it was that simple.

Olivia arched a brow. "Just like that? It's that easy?" She questioned as she cocked her head to the side. Liv studied her father carefully for anything that'll give away how shaken he really was. He always came off so overly confident even in life or death situations.

"If Lamashtu is working for the Brujeria, you'd be walking right onto their radar." Chas chimed in backing up her right to question her father's plan.

John shrugged his shoulders indifferent to their worries or doubts. "Well, I didn't say there weren't risks."

Olivia scoffed at John's recklessness. "Okay, but how do you know she won't attack you, or worse kill you?" She asked him. Her voice had raised slightly. She was terrified of him getting hurt. That was clear for everyone to see.

John leaned forward against the table with his hands resting on the cold surface. "I'll present the baby as a mother's offering. She'll have no reason to hurt me."

Olivia's eyes narrowed. "She knows who you are." She pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone.

Anne Marie nodded in agreement. "You tried to kill Lamashtu. She won't come near you."

"No, that's a good point. I'll have to dress as a woman." Constantine said and now both ladies scoffed. "Just need me a skirt and a wig."

Anne Marie rolled her eyes. "Stop it."

"Stop what?" John played dumb, although he wasn't fooling anyone not even in the slightest.

"This kind of pathetic ruse might have worked with Gary Lester, but I think I deserve a little more respect." The nun told the warlock.

He shook his head before his usual charming smirk adorned his lips. "I have no idea what you're talking about, luv."

She sighed heavily. "You need me to make this offering. You're counting on it, because it most certainly-under any circumstances-isn't going be your daughter."