𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

TWENTY FIVE| NORA DARHK

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

OLIVIA'S HEART WAS RACING wildly within her chest that she could hear the pumping of her blood in her ears. She was told to sit this one out. 'It was a simple mission' they assured her. 'They would only need four people' they said. It was supposed to be easy after all it was just a swampy monster attacking a summer camp. John promised her it was alright. He said he dealt with worse before she came along. Now, here she is rushing down the halls of the time ship trying to get to the Med-Bay because her father had been hurt.

"Where is he?" Olivia asked in a panic as she stormed into the medical room. She halted as she was greeted with Sara, Ray, and Noah who gathered around John-pale and barely clinging to life. "What happened?"

"I'm all right, Luv. You should've seen me when I saved that young lad. You would've been so proud of your old man, " John assured her as Gideon proceeded to scan his body for injuries in need of fixing. His voice was hoarse and he fought back the strong urge to cough. He beckoned her over with his hand. He knew deep down that he might not make it to see tomorrow, and he wanted to see her up close before he won't be able to see her beautiful, innocent blue eyes ever again. She crossed the small space between them quickly taking his hand in hers.

"Mr. Constantine's body is rejecting my treatments. His odds of survival are bleak." Olivia exhaled a deep breath as her grip around John's hand tightened. Her sight fell upon their intertwined hands. She couldn't gather her thoughts to even try and begin to find the right words. But what exactly were the right words when you're father is dying? She couldn't even bring herself to look at him.

"John, what you did out there was selfless, " Ray told him softly. "I told you you were good."

Olivia finally found the courage to look at John. She huffed in annoyance when she saw the familiar cigarette dangling from his lips as he patted the pockets of his pants in search of a lighter. "Seriously?" she scolded him as she leaned forward and snatched the cancer stick from his mouth.

"That's not good for you, " added Ray.

Sara placed a gentle hand on Constantine's forearm. "Get some rest, John. Gideon, give him the good stuff."

John's face transformed from pain to instant relief as the medication flowed through his body. "Oh, Gideon. That's nice, Luv. We should party..."

"He's getting worse. The magic he used to save that camper was pretty powerful, " Ray informed them.

"Well, if magic has him on death's door, then maybe magic can save him, " Sara suggested with crossed arms.