𝐒𝐈𝐗

SIX| VINYLS, AND JASMINE, AND WHITE TIGERS, OH MY!

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"HI, WE'RE HERE TO SEE Marcus Mooney." Zed told the lady at the front desk of the hospital. After talking to Bernie, the only thing they were able to get out of him was something about Moonrise, which Zed was able to track back to an old record company in Chicago called Moonrise Records. Marcus Mooney used to own the company.

"Visiting hours are over." She told them monotoned. She held a bored expression as she stared at them lazily.

John stepped in front of Zed holding out a card for the woman to see. "Health and Human Services." John lied in country accent to the woman, who based off her name tag is named Tammy. "Now, I am sure, Tammy, that you can make an exception now."

Tammy pursed lips before checking the charts in front of her. "Room 2022."

"Thanks." Olivia told her with a grin before following after John and Zed.

"That was a neat trick." Zed complimented while she pointed at the card in John's hand. Olivia noticed how it went from a fake Human and Health Service I.D. to a plain card you'd find in a deck of cards. She assumed it was an illusion of sorts.

John glanced at it briefly before putting it inside the inside pocket of his trench coat. "It's not a trick. Magic. And not the Copperfield kind. The card's charmed. It's got a bloody backstory, but the gist of it is it takes on the appearance of whatever it's holder requires."

John and Zed entered room 2022 without another thought whereas Olivia was a bit hesitant. This man was now very old. He was paler than normal and needed help breathing through a machine. She was worried if they questioned him that it might set him off. She didn't want to be responsible for accidentally killing an old man. But she forced herself to go inside and just think positive.

"Who are you?" Marcus Mooney asked the trio as he pointed a shaky finger in their direction. His voice was hoarse as Olivia had expected given his current state.

Zed reached the side of his hospital bed. "Friends, if you'll have us." She answered him softly.

"You two seem like a friend." He told her and Olivia, and they smiled brightly. He then looked to John. "This one's got a shadow dogging his soul."

John smirked faintly. "More than one, Marcus. I'm John Constantine. I need some help. I'm here to ask about the acetate."

The man's eyes had become saucers. "Lord, don't tell me you played it."

"No." John assured him. "But a friend of mine, he might have. And now he's dead. You care to shed some light on the matter?"

The man nodded slowly, forcefully, almost as if it took everything in him just to move his head. "You ever heard of Willie Cole?"