𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

TWENTY EIGHT| PUPPETS OF TOMORROW

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"TARGET AHEAD," said Charlie as they time jumped back to Woodstock. "Arming the weapons now." Their fingers swiftly programmed the jumpships weapons system locking onto the unicorn with ease.

"I hope this works," Olivia mumbled from beside her father. Their eyes were focused on the unicorn majestically galloping across the evergreen landscape.

"It will," Charlie promised smugly. They were confident that by killing the unicorn and saving Sara's life, the botched timeline would be mended. No more Custodians, no more murderous legends, and no more Cat-Zari. The world will be back to its normal, disastrous tendencies, and they will all be on their merry way.

Olivia instinctively leaned forward as Charlie shot down the unicorn. "Yes!" They all cheered in unison as the unicorn exploded leaving nothing behind but glittery, rainbow, goo.

"Nice shot!" Said, Constantine. He felt an immense weight lift from his shoulders.

"Yeah, we saved Sara's life. Now, that should fix everything." Charlie stood up from the pilot's chair with a grin plastered on their face. "The Custodians should be back to being the Legends, and Zari should no longer be a cat."

"Yeah, about that," replied Olivia. Both John and Charlie turned around and found Zari-still very much a cat-resting on Liv's lap.

"All right, this might be a crossed-wired thing in my brain, but that is still a cat sitting there, isn't it?" John questioned the shapeshifter on his sanity. John stared wide-eyed at the striped cat perched on his daughters' lap. Olivia wore a smirk that said "I told you so" as she petted her teammate.

Charlie sighed heavily as they sat back down. "Killing the unicorn didn't solve the problem."

Zari meowed her suggestion of simply heading back to New Orleans and correcting their mistake. Charlie groaned in protest. "No, Zari, we're not going back to New Orleans"

Olivia placed Zari on the bench beside her. "Then what do you suggest we do, because clearly, your ideas aren't working." She snapped at the shapeshifter. Charlie was beginning to be a pain in the ass in the witch's eyes. John was already a handful on his own, but Charlie was manipulative and reckless. In their presence, John was worse than ever, and Olivia didn't like it one bit. John had been making progress to better himself and his destructive behavior over the past five years. And after spending one day with Charlie, he was backsliding faster than he had progressed.