𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

SEVENTEEN| THE EXORCISM OF JOHN CONSTANTINE

JOHN CONSTANTINE

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

OLIVIA WATCHED OVER her unconscious father as he lied on a hospital bed. After Anne Marie was able to talk down the officers, they ended up in the medical wing of the prison. Zed had slipped out moments ago while Chas was still dead in a body bag on the other side of the room. There was this silence between Olivia and Annie who stood on the other side of John. Despite wanting to fill the silence, Annie decided it was best to leave the young girl be. Olivia was in no mood to talk right now, especially to her of all people. Olivia still saw her as the cause of all this pain. Deep down she knew it was a little unfair to put all the blame on Anne Marie. It wasn't like she knew John would have done this, and she tried to tell herself that in a way she did this to save two innocent babies. But she wasn't in the right head space to listen to the rational side of herself.

Olivia reached over to grab her father's hand when his eyes had snapped open. Constantine snarled loudly that she lost her footing falling onto the hard tile. His body jolted and moved around animalistic that it drove fear into her heart. Anne Marie swiftly pulled out a small blade, but just as before she couldn't get herself to use it. Olivia pushed herself up into a sitting position using her hands for balance. John eventually broke through allowing both Olivia and Annie to finally breathe.

"I wasn't sure it would be you coming back." Annie told him breathlessly.

"I'm hanging by a thread here." He took a quick glimpse of the room. "Where's Zed?"

"She managed to get outside during the alarm. I talked the guards into letting me and Olivia stay with you." The nun answered.

"The knife was your one way out." John said suddenly bringing back the tension in the air. "You should have done it."

She gave him a smirk. "And what would your angel say?" She teased him lightly.

John pretended to think on it. He shrugged sluggishly. "Probably would've shaken your hand." He smiled for the first in a while and it made a smile tug at Olivia's lips.

"Could use a hand!" Chas grunted as he tapped on the bag for anyone to get him out.

"Ah, it's alive." John exclaimed tiredly. "Might want to get him out of there." Anne Marie ran to the body bag when John glanced down at his daughter who still sat on the floor. "What you doing down there?" He teased knowing fully well she fell because of him.

Olivia threw him a playful glare, and it felt like old times. "Shut up." She muttered as she pushed herself back on her feet. She could hear John's soft chuckles as she brushed the dirt off her jeans.