𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

EIGHT| WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUND OF THE TORTURED AND THE DAMNED

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

JOHN, CHAS, AND OLIVIA gathered around the table back at the mill house. Her sight drifted from her father that worked on a map to Chas who was fixing some kind of tech. John had just came back mere minutes ago from visiting the local Mental Hospital that housed the first victim: Marcello Panneti.

"Marcello was useless, the poor bastard." John informed him of his lack of getting any information out of the man. "Fully catatonic."

Olivia frowned. "Poor guy. He can't catch a break." First he was abused by his parents. Then he was possessed by a spirit, which caused him to be locked up, unresponsive, in a mental institution.

John looked up from the map. He threw his hand up theatrically. "You know, most people who survive a possession they're downright chatty about the ordeal." He told them frustratedly.

"Tough break for him." Said Chas.

"Not entirely." John paused hunched over the map that lied on the table. His eyes had softened as well as his tone of voice. "His parents got what they deserved. But we have to stop this evil entity, mate. It's a bloody serial killer through the ages."

"Well, if it's been around for that long, maybe we can track down another living survivor." Chas suggested.

John shook his head. "No time to mess with that. With the rising darkness, we got to stop this thing before it has a mind to kill again."

"What's this?" Olivia asked him as she pointed to the vibrant red X's he had placed on the map. She had studied his actions very carefully since he decided to stop her lessons. If he refused to teach her then she'll just observe him and teach herself. Of course, she had to be inconspicuous with how she would go about it.

John smirked at her. "I'm glad you asked." He then gestured over to Chas for him to come closer. "Take a look at this." He pulled a transparent covering over the map that was littered with lines going in every direction. Olivia was far more intrigued now than before.

"What kind of map is that?" Chas asked him attentively.

"These are ley lines. Mystical trackways flowing with electromagnetic energy. These's X's mark the home address of every victim whose parents were slaughtered." John explained.

Olivia observed the red X's to find that they all line up. "They fall on the same line." She said aloud.

"Yeah. Ley lines are a psychic railroad, easy for a child's soul to travel." Said John.