𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

TWENTY NINE| THE GETAWAY

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

JOHN AND THE TEAM had expected Neron to be their main priority, but ever since they restored the timeline more problems kept appearing one after another like a domino effect. First, they had to deal with the Kaupe escaping and the possibility that Mona released him. Shortly after finding Mona, they discovered the Bureau was corrupted. Now, the Kaupe is dead and killed two agents in the process and Sara and Ava were no longer speaking. They just couldn't see how much worse it could get from here.

John wandered into the ship's library to find his daughter. She hasn't spoken to anyone in two days. John knew something was off with her, and her not leaving her living quarters didn't help ease his suspicions. He stood awkwardly a few spaces away from her as she sat crisscrossed on the floor. He didn't want to disturb her meditation, but he was concerned.

He cleared his throat before speaking. "Liv."

Olivia didn't acknowledge John, and he wondered if she had purposely ignored him or if she was deep into her meditation. He studied her momentarily. She sat crisscrossed in the dead center of the room surrounded by candles. The flames burned brightly in the dimly lit room casting shadows over her face. Her long, blonde hair was pulled back into a half-up-half-down style. She wore a black, high-waisted, athletic, skort, and the Reputation Tour shirt she bought a few months back. John had bought her tickets to see Taylor for her birthday, and much to his surprise she begged him to go with her. Surprisingly, he quite enjoyed the concert a lot more than he'd like to admit. He smiled fondly at the memory.

"Olivia," John tried again a bit more loudly than before.

The witch sighed heavily and then opened her eyes. "Yes?"

"Are you all right?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" She asked him with a faint smirk, and John scoffed.

He knew exactly what she was doing. She was pretending like everything was okay when deep down she was drowning in her thoughts and fears. Something was wrong with Olivia, and all he wanted was for her to let him in. He needed to make sure she was okay.

"Cut the rubbish, all right?" He stated sternly and Olivia frowned. "I know something is wrong. What the hell happened back there with Charlie?"

"It wasn't even that big of a deal," Olivia replied nonchalantly. "Charlie wasn't gonna stop, so I got them out of the way. So, I may have underestimated my strength. It's not like they died. They're fine."