Chapter Three: New Recruits

(Y/N) flew over to the hangar bay. The doors were open, and inside was the Avengers' new quinjet, along with a large amount of equipment. But (Y/N) didn't care about those. 

On the floor of the hanger were four people. One of them was wearing a suit of armor that looked similar to Tony Stark's, another was wearing what looked like a jetpack with wings, another was a pink and silver android, and the fourth was a woman, twirling a sort of red energy in her hands. She was beautiful, (Y/N) could say that much. They all turned to look at him as he descended in front of them.

"Hello there," (Y/N) said as he waked towards them.

"Who're you?" The one with the wings and the jetpack asked.

"My name's (Y/N). I've just joined the team," (Y/N) said, extending his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Sam. This is Rhodey," He said as he pointed to the man with the suit of armor.

"What's up?" Rhodey responded.

"That's Vision," He said as he pointed to the android.

"Greetings," The android said.

"And that there is Wanda," He said, pointing to the girl.

"Hi," she said. (Y/N) noticed an accent on her, but he couldn't quite figure out what it was.

"Pleasure to meet you all," (Y/n) said. "You're all new here too?"

"We've worked with the Avengers before, but this is more of a formality," Sam responded.

(Y/N) nodded.

All five of them turned to see Steve and Natasha above them.

"Avengers..."

-----

Steve had been showing the 5 new Avengers around the compound for a while now, when he showed them to their rooms.

"Sam, you'll be in the first room. Rhodey, you'll be in the second, Vision in the third, Wanda in the fourth, and, (Y/N), you're in the fifth."

All 5 entered their rooms. It was pretty dark out, so (Y/N) decided to turn in for the night.

He had been sleeping peacefully for about two hours when he heard a voice in his sleep, something that had never happened before

"Kal-El..." it whispered.

(Y/N) bolted upright in his bed, breathing heavily and sweating all over. His breathing began to go back down to normal, and he felt calm again. It was then that he realized his stomach was empty - he had barely eaten all day.

'Some food could be good for me,' he thought. He got up and threw a shirt on, then quietly opened the door and crept out, careful not to wake anyone. The nearest refrigerator was just down the hall. He opened it, and inside was just what he needed: a few bags of shredded cheese.

"What are you doing?" Wanda said from behind (Y/N). He spun around to face her, still holding three bags of shredded cheese. Her hair was all messed up, and she had a nightgown on. She gestured to the cheese. "You're raiding the fridge?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"I was already awake when you woke up. I haven't been sleeping very well."

"Your brother? Steve told me."

Wanda just nodded.

"It's going to be ok. Trust me."

"When have you ever lost someone?"

"My father died in New York. My biological parents died on Krypton."

"Krypton?" she struggled to pronounce the word with her accent.

"It's my homeworld. Or, it was." he noticed her shocked look. "Yeah, I'm an alien."

"You may be an alien, but you're still human."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It doesn't matter where you're from. All that matters is the experiences we go through and the choices we make. That's what makes someone human."

"Did you come up with that on the spot or were you planning it?"

"Does it matter?"

"No, I guess not."

Wanda walked over to where (Y/N) was standing. She reached into the fridge and grabbed more shredded cheese.

"You're gonna help me raid the fridge?"

Wanda grinned at him. 'Her smile is so cute,' (Y/N) thought. She reached back into the fridge and grabbed two protein shakes.

"These are good. You should try one," she said.

"I would, but my hands are full of shredded cheese."

She laughed at this. "Come on, lets go to the couch. I'll help you with the cheese."

The two of them walked over and sat down on the nearby couch, Wanda placing their drinks on the coffee table. (Y/N) set down the bags of cheese and picked up one of them, taking a sip.

"You're right, this is good."

"I'm glad you like it."

They talked for hours, about their pasts, about their families, about how they discovered their powers. By the time the sun rose the next morning they were practically best friends.

The sun had fully risen, and (Y/N) decided to get up.

"Me and the boys are gonna run some laps around the compound. You can join if you like," (Y/N) said as he picked up the empty bags of shredded cheese and threw them away.

"No thank you. Running's not exactly my thing."

(Y/N) nodded, and started to leave.

"(Y/N)?"

He turned.

"Just one more question."

"Of course. Go ahead."

"That S on your suit... what does it stand for?"

"On my world, it meant hope."

Wanda nodded. "That's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you."

Wanda smiled at this, and (Y/N) decided that was a good time to end the conversation.