Chapter Sixteen: Wanda's Escape

Wanda looked around the cell she was being held in. It was small, like any cell, but the darkness made it feel a lot smaller than it actually was. For the past few minutes, Wanda had been searching for a way out, but she couldn't find a way to unlock the cell door, not even with her powers. She couldn't mind-control the Kryptonians to let her go either, their helmets must have prevented that sort of thing. What did she know, it was alien technology.

The only thing near the cell was a small thing that likely accessed the ship's systems. It was black, like everything else in here, but there was a small triangular port in the front. She suddenly remembered the drive that (Y/N) had given her before he boarded the scout ship. Luckily, the Kryptonians hadn't checked to see if she was carrying anything on board, so she grabbed it out of her pocket. It was the exact same shape as the port, so she slid it in. The drive fit perfectly. She pressed it and, with a little force, it went inside.

Nothing happened for a moment, and Wanda figured it was just interfacing or something, so she turned around so as not to look suspicious. Wanda gasped. There was a man standing in front of her, who hadn't been there before.

"Do not be afraid. I'm not here to hurt you," The man said.

"Who are you?"

"I am a replica of Jor-El's consciousness."

"(Y/N)'s father?"

"Yes. You have uploaded me into the ship's mainframe. I can guide you to the escape pods."

"What about (Y/N)? I have to help him."

"My son was ejected out of one of the airlocks. He will be headed back to Earth to stop Zod's plan. You must go and help him."

The cell door swung open.

"Go to your left. There is a guard there you will have to knock out."

Wanda did as Jor-El said turned left. The guard shot at her, but he missed. Wanda used her powers to send him flying into the wall.

"Good. Now, on your right is a door. I will open it for you."

The door opened in front of Wanda. 

"Go forward. The door is opened manually, so you will have to open it yourself."

Wanda saw the two control panels on either side of the door. They each had one keyhole that used a port similar to the one she plugged (Y/N)'s drive into. She used her powers to activate both at the same time, and the door lifted up.

"Take a right. There are two guards, watch out for them"

Wanda complied and knocked the two guards out. In this room there were multiple doorways, at least six.

"Where do I go now?"

"The quickest route to the escape pods will be this door," Jor-El said as he appeared next to a door on Wanda's far right. She followed him. At the end of the hallway was a large room with multiple open pods. Wanda stepped in one and Jor-El closed it for her.

"I thank you, Wanda Maximoff."

"What for?

"For loving my son."

"I should be the one thanking you for creating such an amazing person."

Jor-El smiled at this, then ejected Wanda's pod, which flew down towards Earth.

----

Zod watched as his massive craft descended towards Earth. Faora would have the scout ship ready within moments to take him to the codex, and all would be well.

He sensed someone was behind him.

"Don't do this, Zod," came the familiar voice of Jor-El from inside the ship.

Zod turned to face him. "This is the only way for our people to live, El."

"Our people can coexist with theirs."

"And suffer through years of pain as we adapt, like your son has?"

"You're talking about genocide."

"I am! And I'm arguing it with a ghost."

"My son is twice the man you were, Zod."

"Tell me," Zod mused, "You have Jor-El's conscience. His memories. Do you have his pain?"

Jor-El didn't respond.

"I will kill your son. Not his body, no, but his mind. I will rip every person he loves from his arms, until he is nothing more than a man. Starting with the girl."

Zod brushed past Jor-El's projection and made his way to the prison where Wanda was being held. Only she wasn't there. The door was opened. Zod saw a drive in the cell's control unit, and pulled it out. The drive contained the code for Jor-El's projection, not the codex. Which could only mean one thing.

"The ship is ready, sir," came Faora's voice from behind Zod.

"Very good."

Zod crushed the drive in his hand, his last memories of Jor-El gone.