Chapter Fifty-Six: Halloween

"Halloween's a magical holiday," Billy said to his brothers. "All about family, friends, and the thrill of getting to be someone else for a day."

"Wrong!" Tommy said. "Halloween's about candy. And scaring people, but mostly candy."

"And staying up late without Mom or Dad telling us to go to bed," Connor said. His brothers agreed with this.

"Where's your costume, Tommy?" Billy asked his brother. At this point Billy was wearing a navy headband and red fake cape. Connor was wearing a similar getup, but in all black.

"This is my costume. I'm the cool triplet."

"What does that make me and Billy?" Connor asked.

"Hmmm..." Tommy thought for a moment. "A dorksaurus rex"

"Not a real dinosaur," Billy said. The triplets all shared a laugh.

They went over to the couch where Pietro was snoring loudly.

"Man. He even snores cool," Tommy said. "I'm gonna wake him up."

"Don't!" Billy whisper-shouted.

"You scared?" Tommy asked.

"He's our Uncle. Why would I be scared?"

"It's four o'clock in the afternoon," Connor said. "You're secretly afraid he's a vampire."

"No, I'm not," Billy said.

"Yes you are," Connor retorted.

"No, I'm not."

Pietro suddenly shot up from the couch. He had been awake the whole time. "Blood is thicker than water! I'll show you!" he said in a creepy voice. He then chased the triplets around the house for a bit until Wanda came downstairs, with a halloween costume on, of course.

 He then chased the triplets around the house for a bit until Wanda came downstairs, with a halloween costume on, of course

"Oh, somebody better be bleeding, broken, or on fire," She said, referring to the racket Pietro and the boys were making.

"Whoa, Mom," Tommy said. "Are you old Red Riding Hood?" Pietro snorted at this.

"I'm a Sokovian fortune teller," Wanda said.

"Wow," Pietro said. "That is so..."

"Rad!" Connor said, interrupting Pietro's sentence.

"...lame," Pietro finished.

"Lame," Billy said, trying out the word.

"Worse than the costumes Mom made for us the year we got Typhus," Pietro said.

The two of them spoke in Sokovian for a moment.

"That's not exactly how I remember it," Wanda said.

"You probably suppressed a lot of the trauma."

(Y/N) sighed as he walked down the stairs, also in a crazy costume.