Chapter Twenty-Four: UN

(Y/N) entered the UN summit, still wearing his suit. As soon as he did, all the news cameras began to focus on him, and reporters started to ask questions like 'are you going to sign the accords.' Some of the people started throwing insults at him, others attempting to support him. There was a massive divide between these people, but there was nothing (Y/N) could do to convince the people who were opposed to him that he never meant to destroy that part of Metropolis, and, inadvertently, kill thousands.

He walked up the steps to the building, and was directed to the room that the summit would take place in. He saw hundreds of people, mostly the heads of the countries that were signing the accords. But among them he spotted Natasha.

"Hey, Nat!"

She turned to face him. "(Y/N). This is unexpected. I thought you weren't signing."

"I'm not. I'm giving a statement on why I won't sign."

"How's Wanda?"

"She's holding up."

The two of them were approached by a man whom (Y/N) didn't recognize, but Natasha did. "Prince T'Challa."

"I suppose none of us are used to the spotlight," He joked. (Y/N) could hear in his accent that he was Wakandan. T'Challa noticed (Y/N). "Mr. (L/N). I was sorry to hear that you would not be signing the accords."

(Y/N) was taken aback, but only for a moment. Most people who were opposed to his presence called him by his Kryptonian name.

"However," T'Challa continued, "I respect you for coming to tell us why."

"Thank you, your highness."

He turned to speak to Natasha. "Considering your last trip to capitol hill, I wouldn't think you would be particularly comfortable in this company."

"I'm not."

"That alone, makes me glad you're here, Miss Romanoff."

"Why? You don't approve of all this?"

"The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people, in a room, can get more done than a 100."

"Unless you need to move a piano," An older gentleman who (Y/N) knew as King T'Chaka said as he approached the three of them.

"King T'Chaka. Please, allow myself and (Y/N) to apologize for what happened in Nigeria," Natasha greeted him.

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today. (Y/N), I hope that your statement will give us some insight as to why you feel our accords are unjust."

"I hope so too, King T'Chaka."

"Everyone, please be seated. This assembly is now in session," an announcer said from the podium up front. Natasha made her way to her seat, as did (Y/N).

"For a man who disapproves of diplomacy, you're getting quite good at it," T'Chaka said to his son.

"I'm happy, Father."

King T'Chaka made his way to the podium and began to speak. As he did, (Y/N) began to hear something outside. He couldn't exactly make out the words, but he knew something was amiss. T'Challa appeared to think this as well, as he peered out the window.

(Y/N) was about to say something when T'Challa beat him to it. "Everybody get down!" He yelled, and most everyone did as a massive explosion consumed the building. (Y/N) was unfazed by the incoming explosion, he had seen many.

He grabbed multiple injured people and carried them to the ground. As he did, the people outside, the ones who did not support him, began to shout insults and profanities at him. He couldn't take it. He flew off into the sky, knowing there was only one place in the world where he could be.

-----

Wanda was watching the broadcast when the bomb went off. She yearned to see (Y/N), ever since Secretary Ross had introduced the accords he had become distant. Now, the king of Wakanda had been killed, while he was in the building. She knew that he would feel, in some way, responsible. But after the attack, he had flown away.

-----

Bruce Wayne had also seen the broadcast, and it had only fueled his hatred of Superman. Why didn't he try to stop the bomb? Why did he let the king of Wakanda die? It not a hard question to answer, for Bruce. He was at his desk, working on new gear for his coming confrontation when a flash appeared before his eyes, and from that flash emerged a man, engulfed in a bright light, his hand outstretched to Bruce.

"Bruce!" The man yelled. "It's Wanda! Wanda Maximoff! She is the key!"

Bruce knew who Wanda was. Not personally, of course, but he had seen the events in Lagos. The key?

"Am I too soon?" The man asked. Bruce didn't have an answer. "I'm too soon!" The man concluded.

"You were right about him! You've always been right about him! Fear him! Find us, Bruce! You have to find us!"

Bruce suddenly shot up from his desk, realizing it was just a dream. Or was it?

'I'm right about who? Superman? Why is Maximoff the key? Find who?'